Question Who has the Probooster Love?

mlohry

I am at my wits end finding a booster for my DS, thought I might just go with cheap, since it's a good deal on No Better Deal. I need a really high booster for our classic car that needs more SIP and head support. I have tried them all and none are perfect, so thinking I might just go with the deal and get it over with.

ADS

2wild

i just got one that i love in theory - but we haven't used it. it doesn't fit in the vehicle i got it for (parents' volvo v70) and i'm not sure i can justify keeping it for our car. then again.....

melniemi

I love mine - my daughter does too. I just ordered her a second for our other car. Now she'll be boostered full time - as long as she continues to do well :)

luckyclov

I think the ProBooster has been my favorite booster of all time. It's built well, my DS1 was comfortable, he liked that it looked more mature, and it provided an excellent seatbelt fit. HOWEVER, it was incompatible with all 3 seating positions in the 3rd row of of my '09 Grand Caravan (tipping, seatbelt bunching in the guide to the point the SB wouldn't retract properly), so we had to bid farewell after a month of trying everything possible to make it work. I even (half jokingly) debated having another HBB next to him permanently to aid in tipping. :whistle:

I've since gotten rid of the minivan and can't stop wondering if I should try the PB again in my new vehicle. Of course, DS1 will be 9 in a few months and I should really stick with something that converts to backless...:rolleyes:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Love? No. But definitely a huge amount of Like. We haven't had any issues with tipping besides that time I knocked it over while it was empty because I went around a corner too fast.

I don't love it because of the restriction on locking the seat belt. Half the time DD buckles herself she leans forward so far she locks it on accident.

Overall, though, it's a really good seat. It's easy to move around, easy to adjust the height, and DD is quite comfortable in it. I also like that when I needed to haul a 4-year-old in it, it fit her well.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
We have one and really like it. DS rides in it in dh's vehicle. It fits him VERY well. Great lap and shoulder belt fit. Very comfy, tons of room to grow. Great SIP. I'm bummer that it does not have LATCH or a cup holder but oh well. There is just not a "perfect" seat out there. I went with the best belt fit for my ds so we missed out on LATCH and the cup holder.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
We have one too (make that 2 due nobetterdeal.com! lol). We don't use it yet as ds is not quite 4 yet...it sits in my living room right now. And even then, he'll only use it as an emergency seat until he is at least 5...and then we will just see. I don't know how I feel about the FR85 in booster mode since it's so big/heavy...I don't see ds lasting in harness mode much beyond 5.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC