Turn or wait?

Dorothy

Lately, when I buckle DD in her MR she seems to be at the 1" mark. However, when I unbuckle her at our destination she magically has exactly 2" to the top of the shell. She's 3.25 yo and about 35 lbs. So, is it time to turn her, or do we have time? I know pics would be helpful, but I can't upload right now. TIA

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

Dorothy

Bump... bc I'm vaccuming the vehicles and car seats and would like opinions before reinstalling. Sorry for being impatient. Thx!

icnee

I would wait. My kids also are make them seflves bigger when putting them in but after a few minuts they relax and sit normally.

KaiLing

Mine was doing exactly that in the MR too. Made me antsy, and I had the option, so I stopped using it (it was our second seat anyway). But I really think he was fine. i think it's about where the butt is, and on the MR you can't change the crotch buckle, right? I think even when the harness is super tight they can curve their spines and slouch. I swear the majority of the time my kid was closer to 2" than 1", he just sat up to about 1" when I wanted to figure out what was going on.

Dorothy

Thx for the replies. I'm just not sure what the right answer is... I keep the straps adjusted so they're the proper snugness upon arrival, so we could probably make it a little longer. Just seeing the top of her head at the 1" mark when I first put her in makes me a bit nervous, you know?

Dorothy

Any other opinions? It seems, from reading older threads, this settling is somewhat of a hallmark of the MR. I'm curious how many of you would leave it rfing. I did, but I'm just not sure...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC