which convertible?

stephie1012

So julia still has a good while before she outgrows her onboard 35. But im gonna be watching my nephew soon and i planned on putting him in it and getting jules a new seat. So what should i get? Julia is 51% for height and 50% for weight. My older 2 kids are tall and both hit 35lbs before turning 3.
Julia doesnt seem to be following that tho.
i have no clue what i want lol

ADS

firemomof3

Is your son CJ forward facing in his True Fit? If yes then I would pass that down to Julia and buy CJ a new seat like the Nautilus :)

stephie1012

i need to update my siggy lol the true fit is now in DHs car for Cj. Cj is in the regent and kyleigh is mostly in a booster. Long trips shes back in the regent and the TF is back in my van. he is FFing. I want something new besides the TF lol
no 3 across i have a van julia will be in a captains chair 2nd row

firemomof3

Oh, I gotcha ;)
I like the new RA55 and they have some really pretty covers. I also like the MyRide for rear facing (but not so much for ff). I personally use a Radian which I :love: and I haven't experienced any of the issues many others have been having :confused:

stephie1012

no budget...i was secretly hoping someone would say the new britax lol...whats the opinion on the new graco all in 1 seat? smart seat right?

Pixels

Yes, the SmartSeat. Like many other convertibles, not actually usable from 5 pounds. In case you missed it, here's why. I need to go back and try him in it again now that he is 3 months old.

I agree with PP, if the TF is currently being used FFing, then pass it down and get your older child a new seat.

firemomof3

I've played with the Smart Seat and its nice, didn't blow my hair back though. Its very heavy, but its nice having a base. I think its nice for those who have daycare kiddos (like myself) and its nice to be able to move it from rf to ff so quickly and easly. It takes up alot of room rf front to back but in a minivan that shouldn't be an issue. Is there a BRU close by so you can go and play with one?
The new Britax conv. have a shorter shell so for a taller child your going to be limited as to how long you can rear face. I have my almost 3y/o daycare kiddo rf in the blvd70 and he's just about outgrown it. But I also have a Radian 65 waiting so really, he'll be rf with me probably until I loose him when he goes off to kindergarden (he's been ff with his parents since he was 18mo. :mad:)

stephie1012

yea not sure i would like how heavy the smartseat is. super close to bru.
is your almost 3yo daycare kid big?
how about the evenflo seats that RF to 40lbs?

jjordan

If you definitely want a new convertible, then an average-sized kid will do well in any of the 40# RF seats (except the scenera), as well as the TF, but you said you don't want one of those anyway. The 40RF evenflo seats are fine - not too hard to find in stores, so give them a try and see what you think. The Britax seats would also be fine for you, or the Myride, or the Complete Air or Radians. If I were you I'd just try as many as you can and decide what you like best. Be sure to install them in your car before making any final decisions. (A seat is not safe if it's not installed properly!)

Personally I like the new Britax convertibles, but a lot depends on personal preference! You might like something else more.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC