Shall we do another RF Swedish Tethering page?

CRS

Senior Community Member
I'm keen if anyone wants to help contribute to a (more current) page on RF "swedish" tethering (how to's, pictures etc) especially the pics... of places you can anchor to. Anyone wanna? I can put it up on my website.

ADS

CRS

Senior Community Member
Hyundai Santa Fe 03, 07 Britax Boulevard, and it's the seat anchor :D

Thanks!

Anyone else?

Pictures of the "D" ring itself would be great. I'll also be providing a link to murphydogs carseatsite.com with the installation vid.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'll see if I can get a picture or two tomorrow...gives me a reason to tackle the Radian in my Odyssey, lol.

:):thumbsup:

JOII

Ill get a pic in a '03 trailblazer when I can and if you want as many cars as possible Ill be able to add about 5 more cars the next time I see my family.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I'll take some tomorrow for you. In my Tahoe I have an actual rear face tether anchor on my front passenger seat. I'll install one of the girls MA rf'ing and take some pics.

Here is the one I do have when Kinlee was still rear facing. '05 Chevy Tahoe driver outboard captions chair, LATCH install, rf tether to the seat bar under the driver seat that attachs to the seat frame. It's a moveable part but I drove 99% of the time so the seat never moved.
IMG_1160.jpg

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'll take some tomorrow for you. In my Tahoe I have an actual rear face tether anchor on my front passenger seat. I'll install one of the girls MA rf'ing and take some pics.

Here is the one I do have when Kinlee was still rear facing. '05 Chevy Tahoe driver outboard captions chair, LATCH install, rf tether to the seat bar under the driver seat that attachs to the seat frame. It's a moveable part but I drove 99% of the time so the seat never moved.
IMG_1160.jpg

Heh, looks like the bottom of a VW seat ...we all went round and round and round for years on whether that was 'acceptable', I figured it was, personally :)

CRS

Senior Community Member
Ill get a pic in a '03 trailblazer when I can and if you want as many cars as possible Ill be able to add about 5 more cars the next time I see my family.

Sounds awesome!

Wow thanks that's great info!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Heh, looks like the bottom of a VW seat ...we all went round and round and round for years on whether that was 'acceptable', I figured it was, personally :)

Yep, I had to do the same in our VW Passat with Kinlee's RA too. At that time I wasn't a tech but had a tech inspect it after I had installed it. She ok'ed it as did an instructor. Then when I became a tech I asked my instructors their thoughts on it. They all said it was acceptable as long as the seat wasn't moved or the parent watched the angle if it had to be moved.

I usually don't use a moveable part on a parents vehicle but I figured it was my own vehicle and I would be a lot better about checking the angle if the seat was moved then others.

But, Since then I asked the Britax engineer lady at Lifesavers if it was acceptable and she did say it was but to always re check the angle if the seat is moved.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
SuburbanTetherRFRA.jpg

That's a close-up of the D-ring wrapped around the seatbelt anchor for the front passenger bench in a 1999 Suburban. It's connected to a RF Roundabout.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
mar27007.jpg

2007 Acura MDX tethered to the drivers seat
mar27008.jpg

2007 Acura MDX tethered to the front passanger seat
Axle024.jpg

Axle023.jpg

Axle021.jpg

2005 Toyota Sienna drivers side

CRS

Senior Community Member
Let me know when you have the page done. It would be great for car seat clinics!

Sure, I'll start a thread when it's up (might take a lil while though) and PM you to let you know if you like.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC