Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Impressions of My Ride

So I bought a My Ride at Target yesterday. I was thinking it will be the seat for my parent's car.

I don't like it. I think the harness height should be easier to adjust, not rethreaded. I don't like the chest clip. It it huge front to back. I haven't tried to install it yet. I have two smaller cars, so I'm not optomistic about it fitting.

I think I am definately hooked on my CA. I will have to buy two more seats soon for my 6 month old and I will probably get two more CAs. Older DD is in a CA and an TF.

Anybody have any thoughts to show me the positive about the My Ride? The price sure was good.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Impressions of My Ride

I think once you are hooked on seats with low bases (CA, TF, and RN) - it is hard to like seats that sit up high (MR or MA). I personally much prefer the Graco chestclips and harness adjusters to the Dorel version.

To me, the My Ride looks super cozy for that age where they are fresh out of the infant seat. It wouldn't be my choice for an older (2+) rear facer because it is really wide.
    Chardon, Ohio - One Heartbeat - 2/27/12

The Myride surprising takes up little room front to back rearfacing installed. I also prefer the chest clip and buckle on the myride over the CA. I have a CA and just haven't found the love for it. I really want to buy the Target myride this week, but i'd have to get rid off a couple of seats that aren't being used first.
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

5. Thank You from:

I actually love our My Ride! I only bought it because it was on sale for $65, but it puzzles really well with some of my other seats for a great fitting 3 across, it fits my 3 1/2 year old daycare kid (and he's a big kid!) rear-facing, as well as my 4 year old forward-facing, the harness adjuster is super smooth and I like the more upright angle for rear-facing.

The only thing I don't care for, is it seems to sit pretty reclined forward-facing.
    CPST & Stay at home Cake-decorating/Scrapbooking/Photo Mom to
    Kyrie-10 in Harmony NBB & 5 stepping
    Trey-7 in Monterrey/parkway HBB
    Carter 12/2012 RF in Foonf & Rhett 10/2014 in ClickConnect 40

My MyRide is one of my favorite RF seats, and my very favorite for a newbie. It does tend to fit in very small spaces. I think you'll be surprised when you go to install it.

I like a no-rethread harness, but really, you don't have to change it very often, so that's not a deal-breaker for me.

I LOVE Graco buckles. I like the way you squeeze down on the crotch buckle instead of having to push in. It's easier for me. The chest clip I can take or leave. I really don't have an opinion on it.

Other good things- CUP HOLDERS!! Even if your little one can't use them, other people can. They're great toy and binky holders . As upright as I can get it, it's still far from causing head flop. DD seems really really comfy in it and sleeps in it even on short trips. It installs easily in just about everything, seatbelt or LATCH.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I can do a nice 3 across. I like mine.

CPS Technician

We love our MR. It's DD1's favorite seat. Nice, natural recline and deep, decent amount of cushioning too. Easy to install, easiest, smoothest harness adjustment which makes it our go-to seat when others have to take DD1. I have installed it in our Kia Forte, which is not a big car. It's also been installed in a Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra, and Hyundai Accent. It leaves more room than the TF does.
    A - 2/08 - 33" 22lbs ERF in a MR 65 and Blvd 65
    L - 10/10 - 25" 14lbs riding in a Keyfit

I like it a lot. It seems very comfortable, I like the cup holders, the chest clip and buckles are easy for me to use, and it installs beautifully in my in-laws' Impala. My CA is prone to the tilt in that car but the MR doesn't have a problem.

I like it a lot. It seems very comfortable, I like the cup holders, the chest clip and buckles are easy for me to use, and it installs beautifully in my in-laws' Impala. My CA is prone to the tilt in that car but the MR doesn't have a problem.

CPS Technician

We loved ours as a second RF seat for a low price. It was very comfy (I've got a car sleeper), the cup holders sure helped with water guzzling and cheerios eating, it fit everywhere I ever put it RF (1996 and 2001 Honda Accord, Prius, Corolla, Mazda 3).

One of the adults here hated the straps (too twisty he said. suck it up I said.). It was a pain in the keester FF on the airplane. It was high to get the kid in to once he was bigger. All this was fine for me for the price. I recommend it to everyone I know who is on the edge about RF for longer--I think it's a good price / features balance.

Ok you guys are making good arguments. I will try installing it and see how it goes.

Nice post and great photos! I agree that the seat looks super comfy for toddlers right out of the infant seat. I know a 1 yr. old in one, and a 2/1/2 yr. old in one.

I hadn't really thought about the My Ride but will this seat fit in the center next to a Frontier a 2006 Honda Pilot, and still be able to get an average sized adult in the other seat?
    Annie, 06 Pilot & 13 Passat TDI driving mom to
    DD1, 10 (55" 65#) Safety First Incognito x 2
    DD2, 6 (48" 48#) Britax Frontier 90 and a Peg Perego Viaggio HBB 120

I think the MR is surprisingly trim front to back! I put one outboard in an '06 Civic yesterday and only had to move the pssenger seat a couple clicks forward:

I have one personally, and the only thing I really dislike is that it's so deep, you have to put the child in the seat and then dig the harness straps out from underneath them to get them buckled. It's also one of the only seats I've used that I have found it necessary to significantly loosen the straps to get him unbuckled - again, because of the depth of the seat. And the harness adjuster sits pretty low on the seat, so it's a weird angle in every car I've had it in to get it tightened.

Mine is usually either in our secondary vehicle or it's in my mom's car, so for occasional use I don't mind it at all, especially for the price and the great weight limits. But for a seat that gets used everyday, I definitely far prefer our Marathon.
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

Quote Originally Posted by jess71903 View Post
    Other good things- CUP HOLDERS!! Even if your little one can't use them, other people can. They're great toy and binky holders .
    The cup holders may just be my FAVORITE thing about the MyRide hahaha. My DS is the kinda kid that likes to ask for 328973927 different things while we're driving, and he hates having anything sitting next to his legs in the Marathon so in the MR I can put his cup and his little toys in the cup holders and keep him happy!
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

CPS Technician

We have one in DH 2002 Volkswagen GTI....
    if it fits in the backseat of that it should fit just about anywhere! I was shocked it fit and glad because DS loves it. He gets really excited to get in it -which unfortunately for him is not often since we rarely take DH car anywhere.
    CPST & SAHM to:
    little bear October2009, 44.5 in, 44 lbs harnessed in PerformanceSport
    little bee April2013, 28.5 in, 19 lbs RFing in Advocate 70cs
    baby 3 coming February 2015 - Primo Viaggio 4/35 in waiting

I looove my MyRide, and so do the kids. In fact -- the 4yo begged me to bring it *in the house* so he could sit in it to watch a movie today!

It is an easy install, I love the harness, buckle, adjuster etc, the cupholders, and its surprising puzzling abilities. Plus it just looks so cozy!
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I hadn't really thought about the My Ride but will this seat fit in the center next to a Frontier a 2006 Honda Pilot, and still be able to get an average sized adult in the other seat?
    I don't see why not - might make a difference if it's RF or FF but there's actually a lot of space in that 2nd row!
    CPST & Stay at home Cake-decorating/Scrapbooking/Photo Mom to
    Kyrie-10 in Harmony NBB & 5 stepping
    Trey-7 in Monterrey/parkway HBB
    Carter 12/2012 RF in Foonf & Rhett 10/2014 in ClickConnect 40

Thank you! We will add the seat to my list of seats to look for DD2. We don't have frequent riders in the back seat of our car, but it might be nice considering I would like to keep one of my kids in the middle seat in the car.
    Annie, 06 Pilot & 13 Passat TDI driving mom to
    DD1, 10 (55" 65#) Safety First Incognito x 2
    DD2, 6 (48" 48#) Britax Frontier 90 and a Peg Perego Viaggio HBB 120

Carseat Crazy

I love ours. I'm trying to talk my self out of buying a third while they are on sale. It takes up so much less room front to back than you'd think. It is so much lighter than my Boulevard so much easier to me for moving from car to car. Way easier to get a good install with than the Blvd to me. I do wish it had the alligator style latch clips like the Blvd.

Someone asked about getting an adult next to it. I sit next to a ff MR whenever my entire family rides in my van and it is much more comfortable to sit next to than a Nautilus or SS1. You actually kind of sit behind it. RF it is a little harder to sit next to because the widest part (the cupholders) are right beside you.

The cupholders....aaaahhhhhh....wonderful!!!!!!

Hope you figure out a good solution.