tethered seat sticklers, feel free to help with arrangements!

christineka

4 yo and 6 yo can't sit next to each other any more. 4 yo is horrid to 6 yo.

I have a 2007 sienna. I can fit any seats across the second row. The third row seating positions are: passenger's side: 20 inches; middle: 12 inches; driver's side: 14 inches. Due to a stiff passenger's side buckle stalk and a stiff middle lap-belt anchor, there is no invading the passenger's side seating area on the back side of the seat.

I used to have 4yo rfing in a radian on driver's side and 6 yo ffing middle in a radian. The seats work great, but those two kids can't sit next to each other any more and I don't want 4 yo in the third row. (In the second row I can stagger seats so that he has a harder time reaching other people.) I have rearranged, but it leaves 8 yo riding in an untethered radian. If there's something better, I'd like to try it.

Here are all the kids/requirements:
9 and 11 yos: hbbs
8 yo, 53 pounds- harnessed
6 yo, 36 pounds, prefer ffing
4 yo, 32 pounds, rfing
22 mo, 20 pounds, rfing- has to be second row.

The list of seats with oldest kid that fits:
vivo, 2 os parkways, bodyguard
nautilus 8yo
CA65 8yo
2 MAs 6yo
2 radian 80s 8yo (One radian has a princess cover and boys are not allowed to ride in it long term. I am not buying another cover after selling mine for a loss.)
tfp 6yo

I tried putting ffing MA center and outboard parkway, but neither girl could buckle. I realize some kids could, but mine can't and I'm not going to deal with the screamies. Same for ffing radian center, with driver's side parkway and bodyguard.

Currently, what I've got is:
third row: 8 yo ffing radian (untethered), 6 yo ffing MA, 9 yo parkway
second row: 11 yo parkway, 1 yo rfing MA, 4 yo rfing CA

That one spot, driver's side, third row is the only spot without a tether.

ADS

momtoo3

Does the CA install in the middle 3rd row FF? The back is just under 11 inches so it should fit between the buckles. My 6 yr old had a hard time buckling his booster next to the radian we had but can buckle fine next to the CA with it both RF and FF. If it works there and your old kids can buckle then you could put a booster on the drivers side and whatever you want on the passenger side. Good luck!

NannyMom

Does the CA install in the middle 3rd row FF? The back is just under 11 inches so it should fit between the buckles. My 6 yr old had a hard time buckling his booster next to the radian we had but can buckle fine next to the CA with it both RF and FF. If it works there and your old kids can buckle then you could put a booster on the drivers side and whatever you want on the passenger side. Good luck!

The CA does install well there FF. But the only things I can fit next to the CA is a Radian or a team tex backless booster. And with the booster, you have to remove the booster to buckle it and have the kid slide in.

christineka

The CA does install well there FF. But the only things I can fit next to the CA is a Radian or a team tex backless booster. And with the booster, you have to remove the booster to buckle it and have the kid slide in.

Thanks for letting me know so I didn't have to move anything to find out! I'll keep that in mind in case I decide I don't want to use th MA there.

christineka

Why not leave the seats where they are and just switch the kids that sit in them?

Which seats where and switching whom to what seat? Was that confusing? I need more explanation of switching kids, but not seats.

The previous arrangement of the third row was: 4 yo rfing radian, 6 yo ffing radian, 8 yo nautilus.

Truth be told, 8 yo and 6 yo fight too. They're okay with the current arrangement because they are on different levels with 6 yo sticking out and up in the MA and 8 year old all slim and low in the radian. I've also been having a lot of difficulty lately buckling 4 yo into the radian in the third row. Dh has complained that baby's seat hinders how far back he can recline the seat. Now I know all about how bad reclining the seat is, but the sienna's seat is very, very upright and reclining a little isn't much. When I moved the baby's seat, I put a booster there and I'm not tall enough to reach over, so I've either had to move the booster to the side, or buckle through the back. It's actually been really nice today to only have to buckle middle row kids. Dd3 has trouble with the radian harness, but has no problem with britax harnesses.

melniemi

My kids could buckle their pws with a ma between them by sliding their arm behind the torso wing to hold the buckle and then buckling it with their other hand, if that makes sense. Took some practice but they managed just fine.

christineka

My kids could buckle their pws with a ma between them by sliding their arm behind the torso wing to hold the buckle and then buckling it with their other hand, if that makes sense. Took some practice but they managed just fine.

Not sure if I've installed the MA wrong or what, but the torso wing has to be jammed against the MA. There is no space to put a hand behind it.

melniemi

Yes, the torso wing was jammed against the marathon - but if you slide your arm between the headwing and torso wing, and go down behind the torso wing, they could grab the buckle with that hand and use the other to buckle the seatbelt.
P1010953.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC