Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    For reference: I just bought a big kid booster from them and it said open box, well it just came and the box has never been open... Has a 06-07-2010 Dom tho

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    Mommy to :
    Parker 7/3/09 - FF Radian XTSL
    Peyton 7/5/12 - RF Keyfit30

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: No Better Deal.com

Quote Originally Posted by baybedawl03 View Post
    For reference: I just bought a big kid booster from them and it said open box, well it just came and the box has never been open... Has a 06-07-2010 Dom tho

If you read all of their condition descriptions it says that open box means it is still packaged exactly as it was new, just that the box is not factory sealed. Someone could have opened it taken it out and repacked it exactly as it was or just opened the box, the company re-taped it. As-is are the only ones that aren't going to look like new in box.
    Jill- Mom to my 5 crazy kiddos!
    DS1-14yrs, 6'2", 170 lbs, SB/DD-12yrs, 5'5", 115 lbs, SB/DS2-8yrs, 52", 60 lbs, Flames Harmony Literider/
    DS3-6yrs, 46", 52 lbs, Red Vivo/DS4-4yrs, 43", 45 lbs, Cowmooflage Frontier85

I also so pics from fb fans that received "open box" that was part of the original box then patched together with some other box... But it wasn't a carseat... But I guess the "open box" description varies

Mommy to :

Quote Originally Posted by MOM25BOYS View Post
    There is a Clek Olli on there for $58 now, but it says open box. Very cute though!!!
    I saw that. Too bad I don't have a kid that could use it!! I love that print!

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by baybedawl03 View Post
    I also so pics from fb fans that received "open box" that was part of the original box then patched together with some other box... But it wasn't a carseat... But I guess the "open box" description varies

That sounds like it should have been listed as as-is. When I was trying to find out more about the company to decide if I was comfortable ordering from them I watched youtube video they made that gives detailed descriptions of what each "condition" means. I am of course not an expert, but that is what they said.
    Jill- Mom to my 5 crazy kiddos!
    DS1-14yrs, 6'2", 170 lbs, SB/DD-12yrs, 5'5", 115 lbs, SB/DS2-8yrs, 52", 60 lbs, Flames Harmony Literider/
    DS3-6yrs, 46", 52 lbs, Red Vivo/DS4-4yrs, 43", 45 lbs, Cowmooflage Frontier85

Senior Community Member MOM25BOYS's Avatar

Got my TB today for DS4!! Pefect and he loves it! Not to shabby for $30.

ETA: I just now noticed when putting it together that the DOM is 2/4/2009 so it has lost about 2yrs of life, but I did get it for just under $30 so I can't complain. Most stores around me still have them for about $50-$60.
    Last edited by MOM25BOYS; 05-06-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    Elizabeth SAHM to 5 Boys and 1 Fuzzy Dog ...
    Aaron/13yrs-130lbs~Caleb/10yrs-70lbs/Harmony Booster
    Jacob/9yrs-67lbs/Harmony Booster~Gabriel/7yrs-54lbs/Monterey~Matthew/5yrs-41lbs/Monterey~Otto/8mths-21lbs/Solvit Pet Harness

Carseat Crazy

Wow! Great deals guys! My chaperone doesn't come until Tuesday...

I noticed today that my box has an auction label on it. It says it is a probooster. I bet nobetterdeal.com bought it as a probooster and that is why it was listed as such.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Quote Originally Posted by christineka View Post
    I noticed today that my box has an auction label on it. It says it is a probooster. I bet nobetterdeal.com bought it as a probooster and that is why it was listed as such.
    Good catch. Mine also has an auction sticker on it, but it was covered up by a sticker from NoBetterDeal.com. The auction sticker says ProBooster. But it's in an original ProSport box. My box also has a sticker on it that says it shipped from Recaro to Amazon.com. These must be some kind of salvage from Amazon that goes to auction.

Yup mine has an auction sticker too...

Mommy to :

Senior Community Member KaysKidz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    These must be some kind of salvage from Amazon that goes to auction.
    Does that worry you at all?? I'm anxious to get ours and see what we get...but have to admit, I'm a little concerned. Mine is new/damaged box, but still...
    Kay... Former CPST, Working Mom to SIX!
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!
    'Grammy' to Sophia, Kyra,...and Elijah James

13. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by KaysKidz View Post
    Does that worry you at all?? I'm anxious to get ours and see what we get...but have to admit, I'm a little concerned. Mine is new/damaged box, but still...
    Nope. The ProSport is a very solid design. I might be more concerned if it was something like a Cosco HBB.

Carseat Crazy

2 CA 65 lxs listed under Other Baby for $110 and $106!
    Single Mama to two boys. Ods (5) FF in a Britax Regent (46" tall 40lbs 16" torso) and Yds (3) RF in a Britax Roundabout55 (44" tall 36lbs and 15.5" torso)

Quote Originally Posted by brittany View Post
    2 CA 65 lxs listed under Other Baby for $110 and $106!
    You're kidding me! I have been stalking that site like crazy and didn't see them. That's what we're shopping for. Dang.

Carseat Crazy

One is still there, they arent under carseats, they are in the OTHER BABY section with the swings and bouncers
    Single Mama to two boys. Ods (5) FF in a Britax Regent (46" tall 40lbs 16" torso) and Yds (3) RF in a Britax Roundabout55 (44" tall 36lbs and 15.5" torso)

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

Mine just came. The box isn't even damaged - not compared to some others I've gotten. A couple small dents/dings. Not one thing I'd be the least bit concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by melniemi View Post
    Mine just came. The box isn't even damaged - not compared to some others I've gotten. A couple small dents/dings. Not one thing I'd be the least bit concerned about.
    Did you get a ProSport?

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Did you get a ProSport?
    Yes, I did. Not sure what I'll do with it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by brittany View Post
    One is still there, they arent under carseats, they are in the OTHER BABY section with the swings and bouncers
    Are you still seeing it? It's not coming up anywhere for me. I looked all over last night and there was nothing. I did a search and it also came up with nothign. Now in the Other Baby I'm seeing 2 play gyms, a belly bandit, a bouncer, 2 swings, a diaper bag, and an Around we go.

I think they're updating this morning. Things are really weird for me. They keep disappearing and reappearing. But the CA has never shown up. There's a bunch of new carseats up though. I'm debating a Big Kid DLX for my ds. I've always liked the idea of the lights.