Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Carseat Crazy

No Better Deal.com

I hope this is a legit website (seems to be!) because I just bought a Britax Companion for $114.32 shipped. There is a free shipping code on their website. Different seats tend to come and go but there is a Nautilus for $96.xx. There was a radian 65 on earlier today dirt cheap also. Just another website to stalk...

ETA: FBFANS is the free shipping code. Not sure how long this is for.
    Last edited by ckelly626; 05-02-2011 at 05:30 PM.

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: No Better Deal.com

Someone posted this elsewhere and said it was legit. The issue is that the seats are open box, scratch and dent, and bashed box items. It does tell what the issue is, though, so that is good. They accept free returns, so if the seat is damaged or looks used, you can return it.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

What is the shipping code?
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

Quote Originally Posted by hrice View Post

I was just there and couldn't find one. I was looking at those seats the other day and wasn't sure $8 shipping was worth it.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by hrice View Post
    Sorry! FBFANS I don't think you have to be a fan to use it...there's no way for them to tell. Oh, and a few days ago they had a frontier 85 for like $120.xx super cheap!!!

Carseat Crazy

Do you remember how much the Radian was? Just wondering if it's worth watching for.

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

Would you order a damaged box item? Most of my boxes come damaged anyway, but how would you know if the seat is damaged?

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by mama2girls View Post
    Do you remember how much the Radian was? Just wondering if it's worth watching for.
    Cheap. Can't remember exactly but I was THIS close to jumping on it and I don't even almost need it! Someone else bought it.

As for damaged box. I hadn't considered that. Hopefully someone else will chime in if this is safe or not. I know when I ordered my radian from diapers.com last year the box was trashed but the seat was fine. I'll be curious as to just how damaged the box is. I'll keep you all posted. I just hope it gets here before the baby does. I'm due in 3 weeks but probably won't make it that long...!

Boxes usually get trashed during shipping. Once UPS damaged one of my Radians. The steal frame was singed on the outside of the seat. Other than that I haven't had issues. A damaged box doesn't bother me as long as the seat looks fine. This site seems to have a good return policy too.
    Heather, proud mommy to:

Carseat Crazy

Wow! What a great site! They have the most random collection of stuff, but great prices!!! I'm definitely going to be stalking it.
    Anna- Mommy to
    Hayden 3.5, 34 lbs, ERF in a XTSL
    Tristan 21mo, 25 lbs, RF in a pink! BLVD

Senior Community Member

Did anyone here get the red SGL? In the time it took for me to investigate whether or not I was comfortable buying from them it vanished.
    Jill- Mom to my 5 crazy kiddos!
    DS1-14yrs, 6'2", 170 lbs, SB/DD-12yrs, 5'5", 115 lbs, SB/DS2-8yrs, 52", 60 lbs, Flames Harmony Literider/
    DS3-6yrs, 46", 52 lbs, Red Vivo/DS4-4yrs, 43", 45 lbs, Cowmooflage Frontier85

Dang, now that everyone is stalking the site, I'll never get a cheap FR85!

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Jillybeans5 View Post
    Did anyone here get the red SGL? In the time it took for me to investigate whether or not I was comfortable buying from them it vanished.
    It's back up...

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ckelly626 View Post
    It's back up...
    It still says it gone if you try to add it to cart.
    DS1-14yrs, 6'2", 170 lbs, SB/DD-12yrs, 5'5", 115 lbs, SB/DS2-8yrs, 52", 60 lbs, Flames Harmony Literider/

I got the SGL and Probooster. I wonder how fast their shipping is?
    Heather, proud mommy to:

I got a Probooster too, love the one I have.

Carseat Crazy

Anyone know how old their manufacture dates tend to run? Just wondering if some of these are really old too, or usually newer scratch and dents?

Senior Community Member

I got a probooster, but I really wanted the SGL. I was too slow. I know I like the probooster though, I have tried it in person before.

Senior Community Member stephie1012's Avatar

they must have a few proboosters? i wish it wasnt blue i would get it for DD.

The blue probooster is really pretty. My daughter chose that color over all the others.