New Marathons

flick37

Hi,

When did they start manufacturing the new Marathons? I am selling my cover, and I want to make sure that the buyer knows if it fits their seat or not. This way, I can say that it doesn't fit MAs with DOMs of **** or later.

Thanks!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

It was last summer. June/July I think. I got my RA55 in August, and Amazon was shipping weeks before diapers.com (where I got mine).

aeormsby

Would it be easier to say it doesn't fit the MA's made out of black plastic? Target is still selling the original MA's and I can't imagine they'd all have DOM's from a year ago.

flick37

Would it be easier to say it doesn't fit the MA's made out of black plastic? Target is still selling the original MA's and I can't imagine they'd all have DOM's from a year ago.

So, all the new models are made of black plastic? Good to know!

Cryssy Jane

the lady who was interested had a MA DOM Jan 2011. I assume that my Denim cover would not fit

If she has a MA classic or MA 65 then yes it'll fit, if she has a MA70 then no it won't. There are MA classics that have a newer DOM so it's possible that she could have one.

flick37

I am in Canada, so it looks like we only have the MA 65, though looking at the picture, it doesn't look the same as my older Marathon, though that could just be the angle of the shot??

chay

Also in Canada - as mentioned above the old Marathon has white plastic, new ones have black so that's the easiest way to tell.

Old (Marathon in Canada, MA Classic in the U.S.)
http://www.snugglebugz.ca/brand/britax/britaxmarathoncolours.html

New (Marathon 65 in Canada, Marathon 70 in the U.S.)
http://www.snugglebugz.ca/brand/britax/marathon-65-8048.html
http://www.britax.ca/car-seats/marathon-65

It's a bit hard to see in the first picture but look at the very bottom and you can see the black. In real life it's more obvious because you can see the side (the second picture is a bit better).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC