Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

played with some seats today

I drove over an hour to Buy Buy Baby to exchange a swing my aunt had gotten the new baby and I could believe all the stuff they had that I have never seen IRL!!
    I tried dd (turned 4 in March) in a Prosport, which I am not sure I like. It was nice, not as well padded as I expected in the back area...I think I like her Frontier 85 better
    Then she tried out a Radian 80, loved it other than it seemed a bit tight in her booty and thighs. There was a lot of room in the harness though...
    Last we tried out the Marathon 70 and I have to say I loved it! She had a ton of room compared to her current MA, which she has about 1/2 inch to the top slot, in the MA 70 she had close to 2 inches and I loved how easy the harness height adjuster is!
    I am hoping to get a seat that she will fit for a while and then pass it down to the baby.

I have pics but I dont have a clue how to get them from my phone to my email...LOL

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: played with some seats today

Quote Originally Posted by hunypooh77 View Post
    I have pics but I dont have a clue how to get them from my phone to my email...LOL
    Usually you normally would a text message, except instead of a phone number or one of your contacts, type in your email address.
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

Quote Originally Posted by hunypooh77 View Post
    Then she tried out a Radian 80, loved it other than it seemed a bit tight in her booty and thighs. There was a lot of room in the harness though...
    You can buy a longer crotch strap, which helps with that.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Which BBB did you go to if you don't mind me asking?

Zack 12/20/90 Taylor 5/11/98
    Austin 4/16/03 69lbs 58" Happily riding in Incognitos!
    Gavin 4/20/09 53lbs, 47" FF in an RXT, GN, and 2 FR85's
    DN Olivia 10/2/14 riding in an SR35

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by christineka View Post
    You can buy a longer crotch strap, which helps with that.
    I did think the crotch strap was a little short but the problem was that dd has a bubble but so it wasnt very roomy for her and also her thighs were a little squeezed in.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by zactayaus View Post
    Which BBB did you go to if you don't mind me asking?
    Cherry Hill NJ