Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Monterey fit

Monterey fit

This is my skinny minnie dd in her brother's Monterey. She does NOT ride in this seat, but I wanted to check the fit anyway. The seatbelt is a little close to her neck, but that might have been ok if I dropped the headrest down a notch? She really surprised me how well it fit though considering she is 30lbs, 39in tall. I expected the seat to be way too big for her.

Julie, Proud Navy Chief's wife and
    Mom to ^i^ Caleb, Born sleeping Jan 5, 2003
    E 7yrs 56lbs HBTurbo, and SSK Monterey, L 6 yrs 37lbs HBTurbo, and Graco Nautilus, R 10 months Britax B-safe

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Monterey fit

Not too shabby, considering how small she is!
    If you knock the headrest down a click, it should get the shoulder belt away from her neck and more where you want it.
    CPST & Mom to:
    Keep (11 yrs old, 57", 80 lbs), in an Olli, Ozzi & BB
    Sass (10 yrs old, 54", 76 lbs), in Santa Fe, Monterey & Olli
    Zilla (4 yrs old, 38", 36 lbs), FF in a PS, RXT & FR85
    Rollin' in a 2014 Ody, 2012 F-150 SuperCrew & Luigi, a peppy little 2012 Fiat 500

I thought bringing the headrest down a notch might help with the shoulder fit too, just didn't try it because we had to go get her brother from school. (she was just sitting there while we were letting the car, and her car seat cool down some)
    E 7yrs 56lbs HBTurbo, and SSK Monterey, L 6 yrs 37lbs HBTurbo, and Graco Nautilus, R 10 months Britax B-safe

lower the headrest for her first... and then take a shot from directly in front of her so we can see the shoulderbelt fit better please!

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

I'll try her in it again tomorrow. She doesnt have school so we will have more time to play.