What Infant seats fit in an Acadia?

laccaycol

on one of my other boards a mom had her twins and she had the onboard air infant seats and she said they wont fit in the middle row. She said it made it so tight that her husband couldnt drive the car. Anyone have any ideas of what fits and doesnt take up as much room?

ADS

knkdt

My sil has a 2008 Acadia. She used a baby trend infant seat for her dd in the middle row outboard. It fit well, and installed ok. I have also used my kf30 in the middle row, and it fit great with the base and without.

aeormsby

I have a 2007 Outlook (Acadia twin) and never had a problem with our Snugride (older 22lb version).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Are they leaving the handle up, or trying to put it down? It can be left up, that might make a difference? Also, everything changes when we have a baby, and everyone has to compromise a little... generally you can push the seat all the way back and just sit up straighter and the seat should fit fine, though you have to get used to reclining a little less (It's a big seat, yes, a Chicco may fit better, but honestly, it's a big car, we aren't talking 2 door hyundai accent, here ;))

aeormsby

A couple more thoughts -

1 - make sure the 2nd row seats are pushed all the way back.

2 - the vehicle manual suggests reclining the seats to install carseats (not sure if that would give a little more room or not).

3 - if they have the 2nd row bench they should be able to fit one center and one outboard passenger side (I can fit a Frontier outboard & Marathon or other seat in the center).

I just really can't imagine not having enough room, I have 4-6 inches between a RF MA and the front seat (and I'm about 5'-10")

luvsviola

on one of my other boards a mom had her twins and she had the onboard air infant seats and she said they wont fit in the middle row. She said it made it so tight that her husband couldnt drive the car. Anyone have any ideas of what fits and doesnt take up as much room?

My mom (AKA daycare) drives an Acadia, and I have an onBoard 35 Air in there. We have it behind the passenger seat, as my other DD is FF in a Frontier in mom's car. Have they made sure the seats front are more up and down instead of reclined?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC