Review of Graco Platinum CarGo Booster

U

Unregistered

Recently tried this one out in our Subaru and are having good results so far.

http://www.epinions.com/content_123407011460

Features

2-Position recline for added comfort
Plastic framed mesh pocket for storing kid gear
Soft head pillow provides a cushy, comfy place for growing minds
Front adjusting harness straps make securing your child simpler
One cup holder for snacking on the go
5-Point harness for a snug fit in five places
Deep, wide sides and high back for added comfort and support
3 belt positioners give you the flexibility to adjust your automobile's lap/shoulder belt to the right height for your growing child
LATCH equipped for easy installation

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
There's some bad information in your review. Specifically, you say that the Expressway no longer worked, because your child did not fit while wearing bulky winter clothing. Bulky clothing should not be worn in a car seat!

Please see #57 and #54 in the FAQ and this section on ride-down also on this site.

My children wear polar fleece jackets, hats and mittens in the car. When they get out, they put on their fluffy down coats, and I zip them up. My baby (currently 9 months), just wears a polar fleece snow suit all the time. This arrangement keeps them warm enough in the car while allowing me to tighten their harness straps safely.

U

Unregistered

clarified that :)

I edited and clarified in my review

The issue was brought to my attention by his clothing (winter jacket - which is unavoidable in these climates where we often have 0 degree weather and wind chill). However, even without his jacket the seat was too tight - harnesses on highest setting and let out completely. My son is longer through the torso, tall - but not too above the norm. He just plain outgrew the Expressway seat in the body portion.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=4125&highlight=winter+coats

That thread has helpful info for families in cold climates ... like mine where it gets down to -45 with wind chill at night sometimes & yet my kiddos have never worn a bulky coat in the car & always been warm ;)

To keep on topic of review: the Graco Platinum CarGo has been a great spare seat for babysitting swap between myself & my 2 cousins (6 kids total, 3 in harness + 3 in booster) -- installs easily in various vehicles, easy to use & keep clean, comfy for kiddos (we all prefer deep head wings on boosters, though!), recline bar is nice for sleeping & helping with installation too ... will add any comments later this summer after we fly with it! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC