Question TF or TFP who has the love?

mlohry

These are not carried locally by me. We are having issues with the harness adjusters on our Britax seat, so have decided to go a different route. I am wondering what you think of this seat. DD is little, 2.2 years and 25 lbs and 31 inches. Not concerned about a lower RF limit as I am sure 35lbs will get her to 4 RF. Anyway looking at this seat and wondering about harness adjustment. Will go in captains chair of Ody. Would the Premier maybe work better with the rebound bar, does that make any difference with the harness adjuster. Thanks!

ADS

Keeanh

My ONLY complaints with the TF are its low RF limit & its width. If both of those things are okay with you, it's a great seat! I have NO trouble with the adjuster RF. I find it far easier to adjust than the MR. You just stick your fingers down & release the adjuster by feel. To tighten, have the strap come up the back of the vehicle seat. It's super easy to grab the splitter plate on the back with one hand, adjuster tail in the other, & pull it tight.

mlohry

Keeanh said:
My ONLY complaints with the TF are its low RF limit & its width. If both of those things are okay with you, it's a great seat! I have NO trouble with the adjuster RF. I find it far easier to adjust than the MR. You just stick your fingers down & release the adjuster by feel. To tighten, have the strap come up the back of the vehicle seat. It's super easy to grab the splitter plate on the back with one hand, adjuster tail in the other, & pull it tight.

Do you have the one with the rebound bar? Wondering if that's worth it.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I have a TFP. The harness is a tug tug tug like a Britax seat, but with the continuous harness I rarely adjust it.

I don't know if the TFP is worth it over the regular TF. I like it because it gives me room to get my hand in there to adjust the harness when I do make a change.

Wendy

Maggie

I have a true fit recline. I've never had a regular true fit, so I don't know how those install, but my recline model is an absolute dream to install. I love it.

NannyMom

I :love: my TFP. I've owned the regular and the Premiere. IMO, The premiere is better. Much easier to access the adjuster.

Pixels

I have the regular TF. I didn't care much for it before I bought it, but the price was right and I needed a seat so I did. It has grown on me a lot since then.

I don't care for mandatory lockoffs. My seatbelts lock, so I feel like the lockoffs are an unnecessary (but required) extra step in installation. Depending on install angle, they can be difficult or near-impossible to get closed due to the belt.

It is very wide, but my back seat is so freaking narrow that the only possible three acrosses require alternating FF/RF Radians or BabyTrends. So, it's really not an issue for me.

The adjuster tends to get buried when the TF is in my center seat (convex seatback) and installed at 35 degrees. It's not bad at 45 in the center, and it's not bad at 35 outboard (concave seatback).

Anne

We have a TF and a TFP. I :love: both of them! I did find the harness to be difficult to adjust on the TF. I think it probably depends on your vehicle seat how much that gets buried. It was near impossible to adjust that thing in my car. But with the continuous harness, you really don't need to adjust it often. The TF is now in DH's car, which she rides in a few times a month. We got the TFP for my car. The rebound bar makes a really big difference with the harness adjuster and I don't mind adjusting that one at all. And I actually really like the lock-offs.

heasmommy

Senior Community Member
I just got one on Friday and I :love: it!!! It is a regular TF not the Premiere. It is wide but I have plenty of room in my van. I wish it RF to 40lbs but my DD has a long torso and is very light so this will probably not be an issue. I do not have an issue with the harness adjuster, it is not that bad to get to at all. Oh and I kinda like the lockoffs?

I bought it to replace my XTSL which I am hesitant to use right now. There have been reports of it loosening in my vehicle, I have not experienced this but still afraid it could happen. Plus my XTSL keeps over reclining.

emtb79

Ive got an 07 Ody and a TFP and I have so got the love. It goes in great RF. Forward Facing is a little difficult depending on how far you have the vehicle seat positioned(slid all the forward or back) because of the little button to stop you from loosing the seat belt buckle. I've had that button land right in the lock off and couldnt get it closed till I slid the seat forward. But I so :love: it.

lovemybabies924

i couldnt get it RF in my odysseys captains chair because I didnt know i could twist the seat belt stalk...but other than that my TF was perfect everywhere else...my TFP was always over reclined feeling RF in the captains chairs..but the TF isnt..idk haha BUT latch install was awesome.

msg221

I have a TFP and it installs so easily in my vehicle. I use the seat belt because I was able to install it easier than with LATCH. I have installed a regular TF in my SIL's car for her granddaughter and it is a PIA to access the harness adjuster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC