My XTSL arrived!!:-D

NYFarmWife

Well, our baby shower isn't for 3 weeks more, but my Uncle sent me an email last Sat saying "I couldn't include a gift card, but the car seat's from me"...AHHH It totally made my WEEK!:)
Of course...since I didn't order it I couldn't track it...and well...I totally stalked my front porch:) So it came yesterday!
I'd like to say the UPS guy was 1/2mile away before I had the box open...but no promises! lol
So I adjusted the harness, played with it, read the owners manual...then out to the car!:)
I have an 05 Chevy Equinox. Center-RF--perfect. Wasn't as tight as I wanted, but it wasn't staying in permenantly yet, so I didn't tether. But it will be nice. Sooo much room to put people on other sides..DS9 will have plenty of room.
Behind the driver's seat...eh--little tight. I keep my seat all the way back b/c I'm 5'10"...COULD it be done? yea...but I certainly wasn't happy with my airbag distance once I got in to leave later.
FF...easy cheesy, no concerns in any position.
I wasn't totally concerned about my car...I REALLY wanted to try it in my hubby's Silverado as I drive that often. OF COURSE he brings the other truck home last night---brat:) But tonight he brought it home.
It's a 2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab.
This seat was MADE for this truck...I'm convinced:)
RF is a little tight and we won't be changing the radio station...but it's not rubbing..AND I have 100% visibility of the passenger side mirror. (If' I'm driving this truck 90% of the time I'm pulling a trailer---mirrors are a must).
I had tried a Marathon in there before (FF) and it was awful...Driver has no elbow room to make turns, etc. Both RF and FF this seat is a dream for driver comfort and safety. It will be a seatbelt install, but it looks good nonetheless.
Super psyched about that b/c I was very worried that it wouldn't work RF...and our 9yo outgrew is infant seat (height wise) at 10m.

When I do a proper install I'll post pics, but it will be a while as we will use the Chicco for the first few months (he'll be here early July)...but I'm totally psyched about switching to the xtsl...and will probably do so sooner than I thought.

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Cool!

Are you saying you're putting it in the center of his truck? It was my understanding that the driver's airbag could impact a car seat in the center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC