Frontier 85 is missing the back harness cover and manual

Mommy0608

Just realized this tonight as I was rearranging seats. The first FR85 I bought (when it first came out) went straight into my van. Hasn't been moved around. Took it out tonight, and the black piece on the back that covers the harness (that pops off easily) is gone! :eek: I'm thinking it must not have been there in the first place, because the seat literally hasn't moved since we got it. Also, I realized that the manual is missing from the storage pocket. I haven't taken it out at all.

So WTH? Is it really possible the seat came without? Like I said, the seat arrived, I took it out of the box and put it in my van, where it's been ever since. I honestly don't know how the pieces could have gone missing. :shrug-shoulders:

Should I call Britax and see if they'll send me the back cover piece and a manual? I really don't want to pay for it... I'm 99.9999% sure the seat came without. I reinstalled the seat without the piece because, well, I have to use the seat. I assume it's not a safety issue (installed with LATCH).

WWYD?

ADS

Keeanh

Any chance it got tossed with the box? I'm pretty sure my manual was attached with one of those little plastic things along with all the tags. It's a heavy manual, it could easily have broken off & been in the bottom of the box.

ETA: If anyone will give you new stuff, it'll be Britax, LOL.

As for the cover thingy, I assume it's to keep things from getting hung up, like the splitter plate & seatbelt interfering with each other and creating a false tightness in the harness or something. So I would (and this is just me!) double check that the harness is good, not caught on anything, everything where it should be. And then I wouldn't adjust it until I got the cover.

Mommy0608

I'm sure it wasn't in the box, I took everything out (plastic, etc.) to break down the box for recycling.

luckyclov

My manual was attached to the harness with one of those thin little plastic hooker loopy things, with the reg card. The plastic harness cover of ours always falls off when I move the seat, but it definitely came with.

Mommy0608

Hmm. I'm trying to think of when the cover and/or manual would have possibly been able to get separated from the seat, but I just can't think of when that could have happened. I guess it's possible of course, but having spare seats for DH's car, I haven't had any reason to move the seats in my van (it's the one that's in the van that is missing the parts).

I don't want to request free replacements if they really did get misplaced somehow... I just honestly can't figure out what happened. :confused:

hboo22

I got a Frontier (80) on swap and didn't even realize until after I got another Frontier (on swap again, lol) that the first one didn't have the cover on the back either....I've been using it without, does it matter???

Jessica61624

I called britax on Friday and they said its not mandatory. I got mine from a tech and it doesn't have the back either. Britax said they will send me one free. I didn't have all the # from the seat so I have to call back.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
This is reminding me to ask, where the heck does the manual go on the seat? I only had a minute or so to look before I had to install it so now the manual isn't with the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

cryswilkins

I could see the silly plastic thing popping off and getting lost very easily. Especially since you saw mine pop off today when I put the seat in my trunk. Now that I think about it, I have no idea where my manual for the FR85 is. Maybe its stored in the seat, but I am not sure. I know that I had it.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I don't have the cover on either one of my FR85. I can't keep them on to save my life. Britax said it wasn't required, so I just left it off rather then fight with it all the time.

msg221

I just got a FR85 that was delivered on Thurs. It was a GaGa Deal from Baby Earth. I am selling it to a friend who needs it for her second vehicle. I wanted to try it in my car and when I took it out of the box, that cover was in there separately. I don't remember seeing that when I helped her install the first FR85 she got. I'm going to have to ask her if it's on her current seat.

HEVY

My back cover wouldn't stay on the first FR85 I had, but stayed on the replacement pretty tight. Last time I uninstalled the seat it popped off, it's now warped but still stays on. Didn't know there was a pocket.

Mommy0608

My back cover wouldn't stay on the first FR85 I had, but stayed on the replacement pretty tight.

You know, I noticed that too. The second FR85 I bought several months later doesn't have that problem... the cover stays on quite well. I suppose I could just leave it, but when I need to switch to a belt install and use LBP, I'll need it.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
In a pocket inside the cover behind the kids back. Pocket opens to the right side if you're looking at the seat.
So I went and put the manual there this morning and it sucks. It created a huge lump and it's also hard to get in and out of there. I think they realized they hadn't created a decent permanent spot on the shell for it so they added a pocket in at the last second. :ROTFLMAO:

I ended up putting it in my parents' glovebox with their vehicle manual. The lump from the manual was so obvious that I didn't want DD complaining about it, then my dad having to fumble it out that pocket with his big hands and ripping the cover or something.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC