Any more gossip on the Bubblebum or Kiddy World Plus?

bigteamug

Any more gossip on the Bubblebum or Kiddy World Plus? UPDATE IN #20

I'm getting that new carseat itch again - no news that I can see on the Bubblebum, and April is all but gone. I know that some people won seats to test, which is a little strange to me.

I'd also love to know if there is updated gossip on the Kiddy World Plus. I really want one of these.....

Anybody got any dirt? Updated release dates or such?

Last edited:
ADS

NannyMom

I was one of the tester winners. Haven't received the seat yet. :) I'd guess it'll be soon...

So did I.

I was told it will be a European seat because they haven't finished producing the USA seats yet. And my guess is they are shipping them internationally, so it might take a while to get here.

bigteamug

I hope it's soon! We're going to DL this summer and I really don't want to lug a regular booster for DD1 - we have to lug a convertible for dd2 (still too light for the RSTV, bummer).

And I'd love that Kiddy for carpooling in the fall....

NannyMom

Here's an email I got this morning:
Thank you so much for volunteering to be one of our first USA testers. Your Bubblebum will be dispatched soon and there are a few things that we need to advise you of.

1. As a tester we value your feedback and have devised a short Q&A sheet for you in order that you can report easily to us. When your product has been dispatched from the USA , you will receive an email with this document attached. We would ask that you complete it within 3 weeks of receipt of the product and email it back to us.

2. Then we would ask that you post on your favourite blog post about your Bubblebum.

Your product has the labelling of the EU product but it is generically the same. We will also email you a copy of the USA labels that will be stitched to the USA product. We did this so that our testers could be the first ones to trial the product. You have no need to register your product as we will have done this for you before the product is dispatched. The product has already left the UK and is on its way!!!!!

We look forward to sending you your very own Bubblebum and to welcoming your little one as our Bubblebum Buddy!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Interesting. They're asking you to use an illegal seat. I mean, it's a technicality and not something I'd be too concerned about, but an odd thing for a company to do, IMO.

daniele_ut

I'm really hoping they get the Bubble Bum here by July. I really want one for DS for a cruise vacation we are taking in August.

NannyMom

Interesting. They're asking you to use an illegal seat. I mean, it's a technicality and not something I'd be too concerned about, but an odd thing for a company to do, IMO.

I agree. When they posted, I figured it was US seats. But then they sent an email that it was a foreign seat, was that ok. I thought it was weird for the company to do too.

bigteamug

Hmm, that is weird, as I kept hearing that the US seats would include a shoulder belt adjuster thingy, which is NOT there on the UK version. Can you let us know if it has one when you get it? (It'd almost be weirder if it did, as it would then be the US seat with UK labels....)

I am curious to get wind of it, though and hear how it is. I also really need it to fit 3 across a Prius - we keep running into issues with a convertible and 2 boosters.....ick.

NannyMom

Hmm, that is weird, as I kept hearing that the US seats would include a shoulder belt adjuster thingy, which is NOT there on the UK version. Can you let us know if it has one when you get it? (It'd almost be weirder if it did, as it would then be the US seat with UK labels....)

I am curious to get wind of it, though and hear how it is. I also really need it to fit 3 across a Prius - we keep running into issues with a convertible and 2 boosters.....ick.

I'll let you know. I plan to do a review of it on my blog when it comes.

NannyMom

Re reading the last email I got, I'm guessing it'll be a couple months before it;s released in the US. I still haven;t received it, nor an email saying it's been mailed. It also says to give feedback within 3 weeks. I'm assuming they'd want the feedback before they release it.

bigteamug

I'm so lost.... what seat is the Bubblegum and Kiddy World Plus??

Ugh. Here I had typed up this lovely explanation of the World Plus and lost it somehow....here is the Preview:
http://carseatblog.com/9689/the-kid...ix-booster-preview-let-the-drooling-commence/

I REALLY want one for carpooling - 3 across in a Prius is stinky, and I could use this for friends of either daughter, 8 or 4 years. Plus I haven't bought a new carseat in, oh, 6 months.....:p

They've been teasing with the release dates for what, like a year now? I've e-mailed them in the Netherlands to see if there is more news - perhaps knowing a few words of Dutch will help....

And now I really should get back to cleaning up the office - supposedly that's why I'm up so late....:whistling: off to bury myself in piles of paper....

bigteamug

I did hear back from Kiddy (very quickly, too, but maybe that "dank u wel" helped.....) and they are saying no later than August for the release- I guess I can just be grateful that it might be out before school starts up again for us.

I'll keep my fingers crossed....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC