What will your next purchase be?

Pixels

What will your next purchase be? When? Why that seat? Who will use it? How long do you think you'll keep it?

ADS

NannyMom

What will your next purchase be? When? Why that seat? Who will use it? How long do you think you'll keep it?

Either a Radian65 and RadianXT or 2 Radian XTs. I needed 1 to make my 3rd row 3 across work. But I figured I might as well have 2 back there to make it easier and give more options. One of them will also be Sofi's primary seat in the 2nd row when I sell the TFP.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Cowmoo FR85. It's complete overkill for my kids. Considering my 6.5 year old still hasn't moved to the top slots of the nauti. But, I want my car to match :)

Calleiah

Liam is going to need 2 convertibles fairly soon, he's approaching the end of his time in his Chaperone. I *was* thinking 2 new Radians, but until we see some kind of resolution from them on the whole SL business, Im not giving them a dime. So I guess my options for tallest harnesses/weight are CA's, SS, and MR's. I detest Dorel so it likely wont be a CA. I like the SmartSeat, but I also need something a little narrower than that. I guess for now Im waiting to see what comes out in the next few months. Im really hoping one of these manufacturers are going to come out with a 45lb RF seat to give SK a run for their money.

Spam

I *want* an aton for upcoming baby, but i have a perfectly good t-35 that I can use so don't know if I'll be able to justify the purchase.

mlohry

We are going to sell our Britax MA, because it is not working with our van RF trying to adjust the harness, trying to replace with a EFTA. She is 2, little, hopefully will get her to 6 in it and it will have 2 years left on it.

Trying out a Mont for my middle DS who needs a HB booster he is 6, hoping to get a long time out if it. My oldest DS will use it in our classic car that does not have adequate head protection. Middle DS will use the HB TB we have or the GN in that car.

Oldest child normally rides in an Amp for everyday, love that seat.

love-pink

In the next few weeks I should have enough saved to get dd1 her prkway sgl and dd2 her blvd 70 cs. :love::love: I just bought in the last week and half a prkway sg for ds2 and a ra 55 for dd2. The ra55 will be moved to dhs truck when I buy the blvd 70.

Im on a real Britax kick right now (all the Britaxs sales lately arent helping either) so thats why Im buying them. The way I play musical carseats who knows how long Ill keep them :p

aeormsby

A booster is the only thing that we'll be needing. Not sure when and what, some time over the next year - our MA's expire next spring/summer and DD will be in a booster at that point or before. Not sure what we'll get, we have a PWSGL (that she'll be trying out next weekend) and I kind of like the idea of a latchable booster, but not too heavy if it's not latched. If it's not latchable we'll probably just go with a Turbo.

miraclebabies

Cowmoo 85 for my 4yr old.. All my seats will match. She doesn't need it yet but I want to get one before hers expires nxt aug. Have to wait cuz I don't have the money right now.

hrice

I am currently agonizing over car seat decisions. I sold my MT with the intent to buy another in Cowmoo and am now having second thoughts about the MT altogether. My kids will likely be able to RF to 5 in a Radian so I'm thinking the MT is a rediculous splurge.

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
I *need* a CowMoo FRXT for DS.

Im also looking for a seat for a 23lb 6mo. I have a MA and a RN but both only RF to 30lbs.

I have NO idea what seat im looking at for him. Probably will end up with a RN.

christineka

When it comes to seats for my own use, nothing! Nothing at all!!! (Except a large safe rider vest maybe, another literider or two, and in 2-3 years some more hbbs.)

As for investment seats, who knows? I've got a TFP on the way and a compass b830 on preorder.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, two days ago I got the Safety 1st Air Protect Booster (I think that's what it's called, what a mouthful of a name :p). In Kinrod from Kmart for 50$. My 11 yo hopped right in it and asked if we could leave it in the van full time in case we drive somewhere long and she wants to nap, the 5 yo had a little fit about it for some reason. But it's for her, to put in the third row of the van when she sits back there with her sister, and the flip up armrests should be easier to buckle than the Vivo I just sold.

But my next seat will be a Kiddy Cruiser Fix (the one without the shield, unless the shield gets a really high weight/height limit, then I'll consider the Life Pro or whatever it's called).

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I figure I'll be buying a HBB for one of the kids I keep. He'll be 7 this summer and he is soon to outgrow the harness I have for him (and since he's peed in a seat he CANNOT ride in ds's FR85).

I will buy a new CCO this summer... I am trying to trade my RA55 for one now... Since the girls will be 20m apart and I can use them in the third row, it makes sense.

msg221

I am debating this, so maybe you can help me decide. Zain is getting close to the rear facing weight limit in his TFP. I am nervous about turning him FF, even though he will be 3 in about a month. I could keep him RF if I switched him to the MA70, but he won't have as much leg room. Or I thought about buying a MR, especially after seeing pics of older kids in them and seeing how much room they had.

If I decide to go ahead and FF him, then I could obviously turn his TFP around or since I really like the FR85 after helping my friend install hers and seeing how comfy her 4 year old is in it, I thought about buying one in Cowmoo. As a matter of fact, I have one sitting in my cart on Diapers.com because I had them price match the $199 price BabyCatalog has.

So WWYD? Put him in the MA70, buy a MR, turn his TFP around or buy the FR85? The car seat geek in me says buy the FR85, just so I can have a combination seat and so I can have my mini herd of Cowmoo in my car with the Cowmoo MA70!

We had a garage sale today so I made some money from that to fund buying a new seat so money isn't an issue.

MommaWhitney

My DD1 will be 6 at the end of June and is 39lb and 42" as of Tuesday. She is on the 3rd slot of her nauti and not near 65lb. BUT Im considering getting her a booster for my MIL car & DH car. They rarely have her and itd be for short rides and good "practice". Im just nervous and cant bring myself to look at boosters. Im thinking turbo booster if it fits her because thats what my nephew (5yr) rides in and they can share (when she has him and not her obvously) in my MIL car.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

cmm7

Well, not counting the TrueFit that will be arriving soon, probably a booster. Not sure which one, though.

Keeanh

Probably a CA. I need a narrower seat, and don't trust the Radians. I'm also thinking about a Maestro, if I can get a definite OK to take the armrests off in harness mode (would be awesome for puzzling). Oh, and I also need a booster of some sort. Was going to get a Literider, but am thinking the Amp may be better because it's narrower (outside dimensions). Or maybe the Ozzi because it's so comfy.

I generally keep seats until they expire, or until they don't work for me anymore. I may be passing my TF on to my nephew because although I LOVE that seat, it's annoyingly wide.

I don't buy seats for particular kids. I have too many kids & too many vehicles, LOL.

AnnaC

Either another Radian(but only if they come out with a toddler boot, or I get a new car by the time I need it), or whatever combination seat I can get to fit next to a RF Radian.

But I won't need another seat until one of my kids reach the RF limits on their current seats. DD is 33lbs and DS is 22, and they both have several inches over their heads, so I should have a while with both of them RF! :thumbsup: Maybe even longer if I'm able to get a second Radian to RF, or if another awesome seat comes out in the next couple of years.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC