Tell me about your collection

Pixels

For each of your seats-
Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase?
Where is it now?
If it is not currently in use, why do you keep it?
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)?

ADS

SignCuer

Radian80SL- I wanted something to RF various kids and having a high weight limit.
Truefit- Wanted something with a tall shell and easy to put upright :D
Graco TB- have a nanny charge who needs a booster.
Harmony Delxue Literider- for older kids if needed

All of them are currently in use at least 4 times a week. They are either from here on Swap or bought new. I do have a car seat budget but now it's becoming a baby budget :D.

The True Fit and the Radian will be getting a lot of use in 9 months.

If I didn't use them, I would give to a family who needs them. If expired, take to a recycling place.

flutie128

Ok, here goes but I don't own a ton of seats.

True Fit
DD was outgrowing her snugride 20 and I didn't like the comfortsport I had from DS. It is currently in my MIL's car.

Roundabourt50
I needed a second seat for DD and DH only like the style latch connecters on the True Fit and Britax seats. I wanted another True Fit but the RA50 was on sale for $100 at Target so I got it. It is currently in my Toyota Sienna.

Nautilus
I got it for DS to reharness him after DD waas born because I realized how poorly he was riding in a booster. Currently it is installed in my car but nobody is using it. I had a friend's kiddo use it and I haven't removed it yet.

Monterrey
DS was moving to a booster full time since he pretty much outgrew the harness of the Nautilus and I wanted a latchable booster. I didn't care for the fit of the Compass booster in my van

Compass B570
Graco booster's back would not stay up. Sitting in my kitchen and trying to figure what to do with it.

Graco Turbo Booster highback (4)
For DS to use in the other cars he rides in . There is one for my friend, my mom, my MIL and DH.

Scerena
For DD to use in my mom's car. We got it because the comfortsport expired.

NannyMom

For each of your seats-
Where is it now?
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)?

Titan1- I bought it as Sofi's 1st convertible. The strap frayed and Evenflo replaced the seat because they didn't have any more adjuster/straps to replace it. It's currently being borrowed by a friend. I will either keep it until it expires, or sell it.

Titan2- A friend gave it to me recently. It was her DD's 1st convertible, but quickly outgrown. It's currently being borrowed by SIL. Might be selling to SIL's friend.

GNs 1 &2- bought for J when I was his nanny. His parents let me keep them because he was using a TB and Vivo. One is in DH's car and another in my Dad's car. They are 2008s. Sofi will use them until expiry unless Sofi can get to 40lbs before then.

GN3- I bought from a member here. It's in Grandma's car. It's a 2007 or 2008. Again, Sofi will use it until expiry.

Cargo- I bought because it was a good deal at Big Lots. It's currently in my 3 across. It's a 2008 as well. It'll be a back up seat for Sofi until she hits 40lbs (currently 34).

Complete Air- Currently in my 3 across. Bought for Sofi in SIL's car. SIL doesn't drive Sofi anymore. I will hold onto it for as long as I can since it's my only 40RF seat and I often drive other's kids.

TFP- I don't remember why I bought it. Other than I wanted it. It's currently Sofi's primary seat, but I plan to sell it to a friend soon.

SR32- I traded my MR for it. I wanted a seat that installed and uninstalled super fast and easy for when I drove friend's baby.

High back TB- bought with donated money as a donation seat. Just waiting for the right family to need it.

Avenue- bought with donation money for a donation seat. It's recalled, so I don't know what I'm going to do with it. ETA: Looks like it will be replaced by insurance from a basement flood.

Last edited:

moxy

Safeseat-Was G's infant seat, it's got a tear in the harness now, so it's sitting in the shed waiting for a trade and save event

Baby trend flex loc- baby G's seat

True fit-was G's first convertible, which is now ff'ing in daddy's truck for him

radian premier- I wanted something that would keep G rf'ing until 4, and that we could do 3 across if needed(we've got another on the way for baby G)

Nauti- needed a seat for grandma's van for G and we didn't want to spend a lot for something used a couple times a month

Turbo booster-A needed a booster. the back had to be taken off last summer, so it's just a backless one now

Some backless booster that I can't remember the name of for A's booster in Grandma's van

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Recaro Start - Got it because at the time it was the best option for my 3rd row. Justified the cost by finding it on sale. Keep it because it's freaking tough as nails.

Recaro ProSport - Got it because it also fits great in my 3rd row and I didn't want to hand-down the Start in case I need it for transporting friends. Also got a huge discount on it thanks to helping out at a seat check at the store.

Harmony backless - Well, why not? It's cheap, it's light, it stores easily in my rear glove box. Perfect backup booster!

2 Graco Snugrides, one front-adjust, one rear-adjust - Got them both free as exchanges at seat-checks; they're both expired. I keep them to use as demos at the childbirth classes where I do a brief talk about carseat safety.

Dh's seats: Old-style Parkway and Graco Air. We love both these seats; the Air is the hands-down favorite backless as far as my kids are concerned. DD loves her PW because it's freaking PINK. With FLOWERS. (That's why I inflicted it on dh :evil grin: )

scoutingbear

For each of your seats- Okay, you asked! These are all the ones we currently own!

Alma My Ride: M's CCO and Radian wouldn't install in my dad's suburban. He hated the scenera. I had to get him his own seat. ;)
HB Turbo: Got it when A came to us at 3 years old...then I learned better in a matter of a month. It was stored for a while and now is at my Dad's house for A to ride in.
GN: For C at my Dad's house because he outgrew the Chase by weight. (Loved that seat!)
RSTV: Bought for using when carpooling. Used almost everyday by A. It lives in his backpack.
Harmony Literider: Picked up when C was doing well in a booster for A to ride in in Dh's car. Chain of events later, it lives in the garage as a back up seat.
Frontier 85: Bought when C miserably failed booster training. He is on top slots of GN and loses room in my car. It is installed in my car for him.
Radian 65: Bought for A when we needed something other than a HB in dh's old truck. Apex was too big and it was the only HWH seat we could get at that time (A is tall and heavy.) Currently in use in my car RF for M.
HB Turbo (Let's Go) pattern: Bought when Target had it for $25 as a back up. Now used regularly in my car for A.
Scenera: Borrowed from a trusted source for M when her seats wouldn't fit in my dad's car. He hated installing it. It is now installed in the Nanny's car and used almost daily for M. It will expire in December.
Radian 80: Bought in swap for C to use as a back up seat and looking forward to doing 3 across in our cars for the baby. It is installed in the Nanny's car for C. Almost outgrown. When it is, it will go rear facing in Nanny's car for M to replace the scenera.
HB Turbo: Bought for A when he outgrew the GN since we needed something lightweight to move around. Used daily in dh's car for A. C was riding in it until he failed booster use.
Coccoro: Bought for the baby and only the baby! She uses it in dh's car.
GN: Bought for the A when he was outgrowing the Radian and we weren't ready to booster him full time. He has since outgrown it. C rides in it in dh's car. Almost outgrown.

Where is it now? See above.
If it is not currently in use, why do you keep it? See above.
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? The scenera and one of the Turbo's we will recycle when it expires. The others have a lot of life left in them and will be used for quite some time! We have given away seats that we didn't like that were still in good condition and sold a couple as well.

Pixels

My first seat was purchased for nannykid when I got tired of uninstalling and reinstalling momboss's seat twice a day. It was left behind when we moved from NY to MA.

We bought the BT22 when I was pg with DD. It was kept for DS, but the harness molded and our extra base expired. A new BT30 on Target clearance was cheaper than just the harness and base, so now we have both. I don't know if we will sell or hang on to for potential foster kids.

The ComfortSport was given to us by health insurance when DD was born. She used it in SIL's car until she got too close to the RF limit. It's currently in storage, but I'm holding on to it for DS to use in SIL's car when she starts driving him. It happens to have DD's DOB as its DOM.

Radian65 #1 was bought and returned due to DOM and change in features associated with the DOM.

Radian65 #2 was bought for DD in my car. It was crashed and replaced by SKJP. I kept the cover and gave the naked seat to SafeKids for a training seat.

Radian65 #3 (the replacement for #2) is currently in my car. We will keep until expiration.

RadianXT was bought as replacement for the RN65 #1. It is currently in DH's car. We will keep until expiration.

TrueFit was bought when the Radian overreclined in my car. SIL's car was incompatible with the Radian, so that meant we had two Radians and a ComfortSport, and two cars incompatible with the Radian. It's currently in my car. We will probably keep until expiration, unless we need multiple three-acrosses.

Avenue was $16. At the time I was pg with DS, and owned four convertible seats for three cars. And it was $16. Currently in storage as SIL isn't driving the kids at the moment, but I anticipate she will be driving both kids within a year or so. We will probably keep until expiration.

agave

For N I got a Baby Trend Flex lock and Alpha Omega, I had all the seats I'd ever need. The Alpha Omega was used occasionally for travel in other cars from about 2 months, full time starting at about 8-9 months. By then I was pregnant and the bucket went to storage to wait for E. I had planned to buy N a Nautilus when E outgrew the Flex lock but I was in an accident last year and got 2 new MyRides.

Where is it now?

Crashed seats where traded in at BRU and I gave my coupons away in the store.

I have 2 MyRides RF in my car I expect them to last RF until about 4 for both kids. I'm undecided if I will use them FF.

2 Roundabouts(40lb) living in DH's trunk for backup. I cringe every time my 2 yr old has to ride FF in one, they where given to him by a coworker and will probably expire about the time the are outgrown.

If I don't use the MyRides FF they will have some life in them so I'll probably give them to someone who can use them RF. The Roundabouts will probably be traded in for better backups eventually.

cowgirlsmommy

Chicco Key Fit 30
Why did you get it? Because I didn't want to re-use the 3-point harness Graco Snugride from my first daughter.
How did you justify the purchase? Safety features had improved in 5 years
Where is it now? Finished attic
If it is not currently in use, why do you keep it? For hopefully a future baby
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Save the cover and straps for an art project, destroy the rest eventually
Britax Boulevard 70
Why did you get it? Because Hayden was outgrowing her Key Fit
How did you justify the purchase? It was needed
Where is it now? Her bedroom
If it is not currently in use, why do you keep it? Backup seat
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Same as the Key Fit
Britax Advocate 70 CS
Why did you get it? Britax Boulevard 70 was in a minor accident and didn't need to be replaced but insurance did anyways
How did you justify the purchase? Insurance was paying
Where is it now? My parents' car
If it is not currently in use, why do you keep it? N/A
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Same as the others
Britax Frontier
Why did you get it? Zoe was outgrowing her Boulevard
How did you justify the purchase? Needed it
Where is it now? My parents' car
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Same as other seats
Britax Regent
Why did you get it? Zoe was outgrowing her Marathon
How did you justify the purchase? It was needed
Where is it now? Husband's SUV
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Same as others
Recaro ProBooster
Why did you get it? Booster training
How did you justify the purchase? Needed a booster to train in while other seats could still be in use
Where is it now? My car
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? same as others
Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL
Why did you get it? Hayden was outgrowing her Key Fit
How did you justify the purchase? Needed a convertible for my car
Where is it now? My car
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Same as others
Britax Marathon (classic version)
Why did you get it? Zoe was outgrowing her Snugride
How did you justify the purchase? Needed a convertible
Where is it now? Friend is using it for her child
Britax Boulevard (classic version)
Why did you get it? Zoe was outgrowing her Snugride
How did you justify the purchase? Needed it
Where is it now? Friend is using it for her other child

I also have my oldest daughter's expired Graco Snugride that I haven't had the heart to destroy yet. Is it sad I'm attached to a car seat?

aeormsby

2 Marathons - Bought them for DD after her infant seat. DD is still using one of them, DS is using the other. We'll use them until they expire next year and then we'll drop them off for the local carseat recycle organization.

Uptown - Got this one so we could fit 2 seats on the '60' section of our Outlook and still fold the 40 section to get into the back seat, tried a Radian first and it's incompatible with our center seat. It has also made a great travel seat! Right now DS uses this in DH's truck. Not sure how long we'll keep it, might keep it for when my sister visits, or we might give it to her when we're done with it (probably use it for at least a couple more years, DS has about 8lb left before he hits 40lb).

Safeguard GO - bought this for travel. Used it in DH's truck for a few months (until we got the Frontier). It now lives in a closet unless we're traveling. We'll keep it until DS is ready to use a booster, then probably sell it or pass it on.

Frontier80 - Got this one almost 2 years ago. Totally an impulse buy when I spotted it as an online return at Target. We love it and DD is currently using it and it will pass down to DS next year when the MA's expire. Probably will use it as a booster when DS is older, it will expire when DS is 10 I think so not sure if we'll be using it for that long or not.

Parkway SGL - bought this in December I think. It was on sale for a great price and I figured it might come in handy since DD was about to turn 5. We haven't used it yet and it's been sitting in it's box in DD's closet. We'll try it out next weekend, not sure when it will start getting regular use. I could see us using it until it's expired (I think DS will probably be 9 when it expires).

I also have a few extra covers for the MA's & Frontier, I keep them in DD's closet in the plastic bags that blankets come in.

I'm kind of exited for things to get changed around next year :p

jenfrogmom

For each of your seats-
Where is it now?

I have 2 Frontier 85's, Advocate 70, Multi Tech

First the Frontiers, I bought them because of the harness height and high weight. My oldest is in the high 80th percentile for height and weight. I didn't justify them because we needed them. Yes, I suppose I could have gone with a Graco Nauti, but I really like the Frontier. We will probably keep them till they expire, then recycle them. 1 in the truck and 1 in my car.

Second, the Advocate 70. I had an XTSL and returned it to Diapers.com, it only cost me about $30 more to get the Advocate, so that is what I went with. We will sell this once it is outgrown. I use this seat for ds#2 in Dh's truck and in my car for the kid I babysit.

Third, The Multi Tech. DS #2 is a pretty decent sized kid. I want to be able to rear face him until 4. I do not like Radians, so this is why I decided to go with. I do not regret it for 1 second. It took some major justification and selling off of some stuff to get it. I love it sooooo much though! :) We will use this until he turns 4, then sell it, move him into the Frontiers, and get the oldest some sort of booster seat. This is in my Mazda 5.

I have all Britax seats, but NOT BECAUSE I LIVE IN THE "BRITAX BUBBLE". I just really like there seats. I like to own seats that I can easily and correctly install, and dh as well. :) I have owned other seats in the past, but sold them.

cmm7

For each of your seats-
Where is it now?
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it

Oh, man. Most recent is first, only ones I purchased, not ones families I sit for gave me:

True Fit-
For each of your seats-
Why did you get it?: I got it because I no longer own a RFing seat (sold Scenera for cheap to a family using a bucket past weight limit) and my mom needs one for the kiddo she has been watching.
How did you justify the purchase?: Keeping the kiddo RFing longer and using for S2 next year most likely. Plus I needed a seat that could RF.
Where is it now?: Will be on it's way soon, then go into my mom's car.
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it?: I will probably get bored of it at some point and trade it or sell it.

SS1-
Why did you get it? It was wicked cheap and, well, no reason really.
How did you justify the purchase? Another one I didn't
Where is it now? Resold it

HBTB-
Why did you get it? Z was asking for a booster and it fit her better than the GN at that point.
How did you justify the purchase? The fit was better than the GN so I felt better with her in it
Where is it now? My car
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it? Probably sell or trade since I am already bored of it :whistle:

GN-
Why did you get it? Z was getting close to top harness adjustment in the BV
How did you justify the purchase? I wasn't ready to booster her and I knew it would give her plenty of growing room, and also work as a booster.
Where is it now? In my room at home
If it is not currently in use, why do you keep it? I am trying to sell it local to not have to deal with shipping, but will probably post it here soon.
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it? See above

Scenera-
Why did you get it? No reason other than I didn't have a RFing seat
How did you justify the purchase? I didn't, really. Though it came in handy after!
Where is it now? Sold it for cheap to a family using an outgrown bucket

Cosco HighRise
Why did you get it? A family friend asked me last minute to pick up their kiddo from school and hadn't left a booster. They told me not to worry about one
How did you justify the purchase? I was not going to transport a 7 yr old in nothing, so it was necessary
Where is it now? Trunk of my car
If it is not currently in use, why do you keep it? Figure it will work in a pinch if for whatever reason I don't have a seat in my car
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it? I will probably just hold onto it until it expires, unless I come across someone needing one.

In addition to these I have had (or still do) a Regent, Frontier, MA, BV, SR, CarGo, TWE, and another TB. As well as a couple yard sale seats when I was really young (though we used them for kids my mom watched... yikes) but figure those don't apply to these questions.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Husky - being used for dd2 - expiring May 18 - getting rid of covers - seat going to trash

2 lbb - in the garage - not sure what to do with them - thinking about giving 1 to my sis

2 turbos - used in dhs vehicle - but sit in the garage a lot

Monterey - just got about 2 weeks ago - bought for ds2 - planning to use until he outgrows it

Frontier85 - cow - will be here this week - in the mail - dd2 will be using it - planning to use until she outgrows

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

Aurezalia

Chicco KF30 - Bought when V was little. Wanted a seat to use for my car. Not using currently, but may very well use it in the future; For now, it's lent out to friends who are expecting preemies. ;)

Radian XTSL - Bought when V was a little older. Needed a seat for my car.

CCO - Bought when I was nannying for The Rectums. I still had V fairly regularly, and didn't want to have to adjust the straps for each boy every.single.time. I wanted to use this one for B, but it was incompatible with my car and I sold it on.

Radian XTSL - Replaced the CCO above to use for B. This was later traded for an 80SL. (V uses the 80SL now RF'ing, and the XTSL is my current spare.)

HBTB and a LBTB - I have my friend's kids, M and C, fairly often and needed boosters for them in my car (Unfortunately, as a tiny 9 year old and fairly large 6 year old, they are already in adult seat belts in their parents' cars.) Also, just nice to have boosters for spares in case I wind up transporting other kids. My kid situation changes often. :p

I justify having so many "spares" easily. I transport a larger variety of kids in my car than most parents do, and I need a seat for whatever occasion. Between the seats I have, I can sit any kid safely.

Last edited:

gsdguenter

The Fleet:

Safe Seat
Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? First seat ever purchased ☺ for DD! Needed it.
Where is it now? In my closet
If it is not currently in use, why do you keep it? Not sure, it’s actually broken, but I don’t have the heart to get rid of it.
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? I’ll probably saw it apart when I need the space in the closet.

Scenera Daisy

Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? My mom bought it as a second seat for her car when DD1 outgrew her Safe Seat (well, when we didn’t want to use it anymore and switched her to a convertible). It was inexpensive and recommended.
Where is it now? ????? Destroyed hopefully
If it is not currently in use, why do you keep it? n/a
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Brought it to the BRU Trade-in to help fund the CA

RA Jefferson Tan
Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? 2nd seat purchased to replace Sefe Seat in DH’s car. Didn’t want to use the infant bucket anymore. It seemed like a good seat that was cheaper than the MA and the other “cheaper” convertibles we tried out were really hard to install or seemed junky so we returned them and splurged for the Britax.
Where is it now? Sold on eBay
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? n/a

MA Platinum
Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? Bought at same time as RA when DD1 moved from infant bucket to convertible for my car. Seemed like a good seat that was easy to install and good quality with good reviews. It was expensive, but just the beginning of my car seat obsession lol
Where is it now? Sold on eBay
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? n/a

MA Cowmoo
Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? Bought it at Target because it was an online return with all new packaging and a really good deal, but I didn’t actually need it. I always wanted a cowmoo and really miss it ☹
Where is it now? Just sold it on CL a few weeks ago.

MA Mariposa
Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? DD1 was outgrowing the RA so I bought this to keep her rfing longer.
Where is it now? Just sold on CL a few weeks ago.

MR 65 Sonata
Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? Needed another erfing seat. I liked it.
Where is it now? In my dad’s car we are borrowing and DD1 rides in it. When we give him back his car it will be an extra seat and stay in his car for whenever he takes the kids. Both kids fit in it on the same harness setting rfing ☺
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Probably will sell it or keep it until it expires and then will saw it up and bring it to the dump. I actually really like this seat so if/when we have more kids we’ll most likely keep it around until expired.

CA McKenna
Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? I wanted it because of all the hype on c-s.org I traded in the Scenera to help fund it. I wanted the 40 lb. rfing limit but was afraid to purchase a RN in case it wouldn’t fit in my car. I actually ended up hating the seat, and still do. DD1 puked in it every time she rode in it so it sat around for a long time and now DD2 uses it in my dad’s car that we are borrowing since DH’s car died.
Where is it now? In my dad’s car that I am borrowing for a few months and then will go back into my mom’s car for DD2.
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? I tried to sell it a bunch of times, but it never worked out. I’d love to get rid of it for another MR or to help fund something else. If not, it’ll stay around until expired when I’ll destroy it and bring it to the dump in pieces.

RN XT Malibu # 1
Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? Bought it when I sold the RA and MA Platinum and finally got enough courage to buy a RN. DD1 hit 33 lbs and I was worried to ff her so I needed seats that would get her to 40lbs.
Where is it now? In my car for DD2 but will move back to DH’s car for DD2.
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Will keep it around until expired and then destroy and bring to dump.

RN XT Malibu # 2
Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? Bought it when I sold the RA and MA Platinum and finally got enough courage to buy a RN. DD1 hit 33 lbs and I was worried to ff her so I needed seats that would get her to 40lbs.
Where is it now? In my mom’s car ffing for DD1’s friends who come over to play after preschool (so technically an extra seat). When we get DH’s car working again it will go into my car for DD2 rfing of course.
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Will keep it around until expired and then destroy and bring to dump.

RN XTSL Flora

Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? Wanted a seat to rf to 45 lbs. and was excited about the SL feature lol
Where is it now? In my mom’s car for DD2. When DH’s car is fixed it will go in his car but be used by DD1.

RN XTSL Petal

Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? Not sure lol. Just because I wanted an MT but couldn’t justify another one when I knew one was enough and the RNs will get my kids to 4-5 rfing. Bought kind of on a whim.
Where is it now? In my mom’s car for DD1, but when DH’s car gets fixed it will stay in her car but be used for DD1.
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Hopefully SKJP replaces it as I am having occasional trouble with the harness slipping. I have reported it to NHSTA and contacted SKJP numerous times but not had luck yet.

MT Jet (well the all black one – I think it is Jet)
Why did you get it? How did you justify the purchase? Bought it from firemomof3 who had it for a little bit but didn’t like it. She got it from twinsmom. I sold my phil and teds stroller we barely ever used for exactly the price the MT cost. I wanted an MT ☺ to erf.
Where is it now? In my car for DD1.
If you still have it, how do you think you will end up disposing of it (sell, give away, trash/recycle when it expires, other)? Hmmm, not sure. Once DD1 goes ffing (age 5 or 6) DD2 will inherit it until she goes ffing (age 5 or 6). By that time it should be 10 yrs. old so I’ll have to evaluate if I want to destroy it or use it for another LO we have (if/when we have anymore).

jaded

Alright, here goes. I have a 25lb 3yo, a 55lb 8yo and a 115lb 15year old(who has his driver's permit)
Radian65-purchased for it's longevity(3yo has used it since 4 days old) and because I needed 3 across in a sedan at the time. Currently installed rearfacing in my van with a shot transmission(getting repaired soon). It should expire not long after 3yo outgrows in forward facing mode, so then it will be saved until my SafeKids does another collection with Kohl's and I can get a $10 gift card, or otherwise disposed of properly.
Britax RA50-purchased as a secondary seat for husband's vehicle, on clearance. Installed forward facing(with tether strap)due to 3yo undoing the chest clip and climbing out of seat. Will probably pass it along to someone who needs it when DS outgrows it
Evenflo Tribute-purchased recently, was being used rear facing in a 2 door Ford Escort. I didn't think either of my other convertibles would fit rearfacing, and it was the easiest installing/most economical choice for the car. I was driving that vehicle for a few months, but am now driving my husband's Ford Explorer. When I am done using it, I will find someone to give it too, as it should still be within it's expiration to be used(it has a 3/11 manufacture date)

Graco Turbobooster-used in the Escort, as 8 1/2yo didn't quite five step in that car, and he needed a head rest. He has used the seat in various vehicles for a few years. Will expire in 2 years, so when 8yo outgrows it I will probably use it for some booster training for his brother, and then disposed of properly(hopefully with Safekids like above)
Harmony Literider-purchased very recently to puzzle next to the RA50 for the Explorer, as the TB doesn't. but, I just noticed that DS's head was too high on the head rest(not adjustable in this model) so I'll be switching back to the Turbo and probably installing the Radian rearfacing in the explorer. It will then be used as a back up booster. Will be kept as a spare booster for 3yo to use in the future
Graco Nautilus. Originally purchased for 8yo to use with the harness, then as a booster in the van, now sitting in entryway and used as a spare harnessed seat for 3yo.
Will continue to be used in some way until all parts expired, and then disposed of properly.

ElfJewel

Hmmm... there have been a lot...
A couple of graco snugrides, an evenflo infant seat (not sure which one, it was my brothers and we used it for DD1), and a cosco infant seat- one of the snugrides went to kid to kid, one to a relative, the evenflo seat had foam missing (and probably expired) when DD2 was born so we trashed it, we didn't like the cosco one with the plastic chest clip so we trashed it after a few mos and moved DD3 to a convertible
We used to have multiple cosco sceneras/highback booster car seats. Some were destroyed (crashed/expired), others were given to DH's step sister who has a toddler but doesn't want to ERF.
3 Radian XTSLs (Petal, Ventura, Floral)- 2 last year to fit in our first van 3 across in the 3rd row, the third last month when we moved them to the new van and needed 3 to fit in the 3rd row
Radian 65SL- 6 mos ago, DS was outgrowing the scenera in Dh's car and he shared with the baby. We needed another ERF seat so she wouldn't have to FF in his car
My Ride- Emi needed a nice seat in thevan last year when we replaced everyone's seats
Nautilus #1- for DD2 last year, re-harnessed because the booster was hard to buckle in her spot and she was too wiggly
Nautilus #2- for DD3 6 mos ago so we could move her Radian to DH's car (until we got the Radian 65)
Multiple Turboboosters (2 hbb and 4 nbb)- for some cars they go in often enough to keep seats in, spares for DDs 1-3
Maestro- to have a seat in Dh's car that DD3 or DS could sit in, now it is DS's spare
Scenera 40- DD4's spare
Apex- got this when DD1 was 4 and outgrew her harness, I wanted to keep her harnessed but we already had a 3 across and it never fit, so she went into a booster :( We used it in FIL's car for a while when he watched the kids often, now it just sits in our garage. Dh wants me to get rid of it.
3 Literiders- one to keep in my trunk in case we need it for DD1 (if a smaller friend is with us) or my brother, 2 to keep in the trunk of our "spare car" we rarely drive but if one of us has it we want to be able to get the kids in an emergency
Compass booster- for DD1 last year because I wanted to switch her back to a highback, it was the only one she deemed "comfortable enough" at the time, now she has pretty much outgrown it, we moved it to my mom's car with no headrests but when her shoulder goes over the belt guide she won't be able to go with my mom any more
Monterey booster- for DD1 when we realized she was outgrowing the Compass booster and I wasn't ready for a nbb in my car
Some cosco boosters in my mom's car, probably close to expiring so I need to check them and replace soon
I think that's it lol

jaded

Oh, were we supposed to go thru all our old seats? LOL I have so many more to list if that's the case.

Keeanh

For each of your seats-
Where is it now?

I'll try to make this short. I've bought all my seats because I NEEDED them. As in, I have one seat per child. Except the Scenera. I bought that one because I had to harness 6yo & couldn't get a Frontier at the moment so I got the Scenera & shuffled seats. So now it's an extra.

So far I've used all my seats until they expired, or very nearly expired (tossed or BRU trade-in). I will likely lend/give one of my high-weight convertibles to my SIL as I have my eye on the CA. I may give the Scenera away if I find I like the Tribute better as a "little spare".

Seats *I* have bought (as opposed to hand-me-downs from family):
- Century Ovation
- Century Breverra
- My Ride
- True Fit (okay, I could have gotten away with a Maestro here, if I'd known I was going to end up with a Scenera)
- Frontier (kiddo too tall for Nautilus, not trustworthy in booster)
- Monterey
- Scenera

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC