Safety fair featuring the ketchup royalty!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Well, in picture atleast. I was asked to do a safety fair. I had to work, so DH and Scatterbunny went for me.

The ketchup royalty were nice enough to have the perfect crash ;) so we had the table featuring the crash.

The story board, flyers, plus our local car seat clinic schedules. I also printed the story up, if people were wanting a copy.

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5371.jpg

IMG_5369.jpg

The first two panels show each family member, their position in the car, and their injuries, or lack thereof.

The third panel is the car.

The fourth panel is the story.

IMG_5374.jpg

IMG_5375.jpg

ADS

autumnlily

Wow, that is a great display. Wishing it wasn't our very own Ketchupqueen having to model the real life deal :eek:... but the project was done very well to represent it all!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I will work on that. Well, you know my schedule this weekend. Lol. I still need to get the fire truck car seats ready. Really, I still need to get TODAY'S car seats ready. Everything is in your words.

I think I want to make a change or two for the next fair, just not sure exactly what yet.

scatterbunny

It was fun. :) Quite a few parents used the opportunity to hammer home the importance of staying in the carseat and/or vehicle belt to their children. The people in the booth next to us asked if we could do a CPS presentation to a group of teen parents. :thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

so awesome!! I wish it could be used throughout the country... it just makes it so clear what properly installed and used seats can do!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You reversed Bridey and Ems' positions. ;) B was in the third row, E in the second. But I love the setup!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
On our way to Phoenix, just a few miles away, my husband (driving our 2002 Odyssey) hit an obstacle in the road. We don't know what it is, but we all felt the bump, then were airborne, and onto a gravel shoulder. We skidded on the gravel. The van hit a barrier (right at the rear driver's side, where my 4 year old daughter was seated.) It then flipped across the highway. My husband was braking the whole way. (He had just had the tires rotated and pressure checked, and the brakes replaced.) It slowed us considerably. We went into a ditch at an angle and became airborne. We went down on the passenger side of the vehicle, nose first, and then flipped over upside down.

My daughters (the 4 year old, almost 5, and her 2 sisters, 6 almost 7 and 2 almost 3) were screaming. This meant they were alive and I was glad. My husband and I were suspended by our (properly worn) seat belts. I had significant neck pain. My husband was able to exit the vehicle fairly easily, but I was trapped; I had to be extracted with the Jaws of Life (after fending off a bystander who wanted to cut my belt with a pen knife and pull me out, yelling at him, "Do not cut my seat belt! Wait until the EMTs arrive to hold c-spine! If you want to do something, get me a jacket and treat me for shock!")

My 4 and 6 year olds were harnessed properly in properly installed and used, tethered seats. (The 6 year old is usually boostered, but because it was a late night trip I didn't want to risk her falling asleep and falling out of position.) My 2 year old was rear-facing. The heavy cargo in the van was all packed tightly down in the bottom of the trunk, compartmentalized behind and under the seat as much as possible before we left. My husband and I had our seat belts and headrests properly fastened and adjusted and were seated in proper position.

My husband has a mild lung contusion and abrasions from his seat belt and "road burn." I have a lot of stitches in my arm (which dragged along the ground outside the car-- the trauma surgeon says that the braking slowed us enough to save me from having it ripped off) and on my face and bruising all over. My 6 year old has minor abrasions (more road burn) and bruises. My 4 year old, with the most severe injuries, suffered a severe cut to her foot (aptly and completely repaired by great surgeons) and a broken leg (remember, she was AT the first point of impact, a side impact.) My 2 year old, who was in the rear-facing seat, was completely unharmed. Not a mark on her. Nothing. Despite the fact that we landed on the side of the car she was on (she was behind me, I was in the second row passenger seat, and the forward-facers were second and third row driver's side.)

From Anne.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It was fun. :) Quite a few parents used the opportunity to hammer home the importance of staying in the carseat and/or vehicle belt to their children. The people in the booth next to us asked if we could do a CPS presentation to a group of teen parents. :thumbsup:

Jenny, I got a call from the hospital. They asked if I can co teach classes for Family Building Blocks. Two classes, 4 hours each, for the workers!

scatterbunny

Jenny, I got a call from the hospital. They asked if I can co teach classes for Family Building Blocks. Two classes, 4 hours each, for the workers!

Very cool! The FBB lady also wanted you to do a class for the teen parent program at the college.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC