Question Has anyone heard that the Monterey is changing?

mlohry

A friend just got a Mont from diapers.com and it was 1.5 year old, she obviously wasn't happy with that, but when she called they told her it was being discontinued and that's why it was so cheap, at $119.00 and they were trying to get rid of the seats they had. $119.00 is not that cheap for that seat, so not sure if I buy that explanation.

My friend returned the seat and bought it locally and that seat was made in 1/11.

How old of a seat would you accept, even 4 mos old is too old to me.

ADS

mama2girls

I agree that $119.00 is not that cheap. It seems like they are that price pretty regularly. Could it be that diapers.com just won't be carrying them anymore?

mom2olivia

I bought my SK XTSL from diapers.com just 2 weeks ago and the manf. date was 12/10. I was a little disapointed, but I honestly won't be using it for 8 years so I don't really need it that long. Who knows a totally awesome seat could come out that I just HAVE to have in the next 2 years...so 4 months wasn't so bad but I wouldn't wan't any older then that....

Notaclue

I got a Moneterey on Diapers.com and it was 14 months old. When I figured out the price, vs. how many years I had left to use it, it was still a really good deal, so i kept it. Amazon has 2 different Monterey's on their site, and one is $119 and one is $149, so it looks like one is the new version, and one is the older, discontinued one. When I compared them to the seat I got, I have the sale version.

This is the one I got from Diapers.com [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Monterey-Booster-Seat/dp/B002OC57PU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304169559&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Sunshine Kids Monterey Booster Car Seat, Red: Baby[/ame]

And this is the one that isn't on sale
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Monterey-Booster-Seat/dp/B000YJ7G0O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304169559&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Sunshine Kids Monterey Booster Car Seat - Monterey Red: Baby[/ame]

mama2girls

I got a Moneterey on Diapers.com and it was 14 months old. When I figured out the price, vs. how many years I had left to use it, it was still a really good deal, so i kept it. Amazon has 2 different Monterey's on their site, and one is $119 and one is $149, so it looks like one is the new version, and one is the older, discontinued one. When I compared them to the seat I got, I have the sale version.

Except Amazon says the $149 one is the discontinued one.

Kat_Momof3

typically when a seat is on sale, it's older... they clear out overstock.

I don't think for a minute that the Monterey is being drastically changed or discontinued...

However, it may be that some fabrics are being discontinued.

Julie - it's so funny, because the ones they have as 149.99 are the fabrics that were the original ones and were discontinued... the ones that are on sale on diapers.com and that are the newer fabrics... however, they are now a year or so old, so I'm betting they're getting ready to update.

Notaclue

See the thing that made me think the others were the newer ones was the prices on Amazon, and the fact that I didn't think MINE would be "new" since it was over a year old when I ordered it (a month or two ago). Weird. Either way, I LOVE our Monterey, and it fits ds like it's made for him, so I don't regret getting it at all.

Kat_Momof3

I totally get it... I know what store they're sold through and that store just does NOT put things on sale (little folks) like they used to (it used to be awesome)... I think it's cause they aren't selling like they used to and it's harder for them to get rid of their stock.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I recently (within the last 2 weeks) got a red monterey from diapers. It was a 6/10 manufacture date. I only paid $99.99. I figured he is 5y and our 9y really doesn't fit well so I will be okay with that.

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC