Keep or Return?

suzling

My little one and I were in a car accident on Wednesday evening. The good news is we are both ok. There's no question about whether the seat needs replacing, it does. We've even talked with the insurance company about what documentation they need to reimburse us for the seat.

I want to replace the seat that I had with the same seat - a Combi Coccoro. I :love: that seat. I'm probably something of a Coccoro fangirl.

There's one place in town that sells the carseat, so I went and bought my replacement today. I discovered when I got home with it that it was manufactured in August 2009. I opened the box and looked in the user manual to check the expiration date. The manual says it expires 7 years from date of manufacture. Which isn't as bad as the 5 year expiration that I was expecting.

I paid full price for the seat which was just about $260 with tax. Yeah, I know I could have gotten it much cheaper on line, but right now we are playing musical cars with the Coccoro from my husband's car, and it's likely to get worse before it gets better.

WWCSOD? Keep it or return it? Thanks for the input!

ADS

Kobain's Mommy

I'd return it or at least get a discount on it. I orderd mine from Target. It was a 10/10. I was fine with that since I paid $160 and free shipping for it.

Pixels

Return it, buy a Scenera from a local store for a temporary seat, and order online. You'll still save significant money, and end up with a spare seat as well.

suzling

I'd return it...also the manufacture date is usually stamped on the box somewhere

The box was brought to me from the back of the store and then carried out to my car for me. I didn't see that the manufacture date was on the side of the box until I got all the way home and got the box out of the car. I was pretty upset when I saw the manufacture date, but was worried that I was overreacting. Especially since having the second seat will make life easier.

Return it, buy a Scenera from a local store for a temporary seat, and order online. You'll still save significant money, and end up with a spare seat as well.

Thanks for this idea! My husband and I some how both completely forgot that my in-laws (who are out of town for an extended period starting Monday) have a spare seat that we'd purchased for them for the one day a week they usually watch him. :eek: I blame the panic of my current situation: wrecked car, next week is my last week at work, and my mom's plane arrives tomorrow so she can watch my little one because I had no sitter for three of the four days I work next week. Just typing that list is upping my anxiety level again. :eek:

My mantra right now is "It gets better after work on Thursday." Hopefully the nice young men in their clean white coats don't find me before then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC