ProBooster vs ProSport belt placement help (with pics)

likes2shopalot

CPS Technician
So I am having a super delimia and want to see what you gals/guys think.
DS is is 6yrs (2/12), 42" and 40lbs.

We have gone back and fourth between harness vs booster and he sits awesomely using the ProSport as a booster, but truth be told, its a total PITA because of how you have to route the belt. It also sits up really high so he can't usually buckle it in by himself. We ordered a ProBooster, sorta thinking the belt placement would be the same/similar, but I am just thinking not so much.

(and now that I uploaded the picture I see that he didn't have the bottom part of the shoulder belt routed correctly in the ProSport but its the placement of the lap portion that I am wondering about)

ProBooster
DSC_0287.JPG

ProSport
DSC_0302.JPG

Booster
DSC_0288.JPG

Sport
DSC_0304.JPG

Booster
DSC_0290.JPG

Sport
DSC_0301.JPG

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I love the sport lap belt fit. I hear the booster is tippy. I haven't tried mine out yet to see. Not the I need a booster anywhere.

likes2shopalot

CPS Technician
I actually think the Sport was more tippy than the Booster but the Sport sits really high. I actually liked the fit of the Sport better as well. :cool:

I just told him we have to see what the car seat "people" say. ;) I explained that I know he is 6 and he has been very responsible and sits really well but even though he is six, his body might not be big enough to fit in a booster yet. He could feel how the Booster lap placement was more on his squishy tummy than on his lap like the Sport was. We may use the Sport as a harnessed seat for a while still because its too difficult for him to get routed and buckled. Poor kid and his indecisive mom. :rolleyes:

Pixels

I think both place the lap belt well. They both look like the top of the belt is below the top of his hip bones.

Aurezalia

I agree with Pixels - I think the Probooster has excellent fit on him as well. Maybe not *quite* as good as the Sport, but still very good, and if the Sport is that much of a PITA, then I'd keep the Booster. *shrug*

likes2shopalot

CPS Technician
Maybe we will give it another go. :eek: Serious indecisiveness. We might try it for an actual ride and see how it goes since plopping in the car and practicing buckling for pictures isn't quite the same.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Have you tried a Turbo? I like the Sport fit a lot better, but I am a terrible booster fit judger via pictures.

Cryssy Jane

I agree with Pixels - I think the Probooster has excellent fit on him as well. Maybe not *quite* as good as the Sport, but still very good, and if the Sport is that much of a PITA, then I'd keep the Booster. *shrug*

I agree with the above. The booster is still a good fit. I'd almost like to see the headrest up one more notch and see how that fits on his shoulder.

I didn't find my probooster tippy in the the subi (any position) or the van (any position), but maybe it's just my cars. We :love: the probooster here. Judi has mine, but if I had a kiddo in a booster I'd get another.

Kat_Momof3

the fit is good in both, but for the shoulderbelt, I'm preferring the probooster... it's a little closer to his neck (in a good way)... and for the lapbelt, I'm preferring the prosport... it's a little lower.

My advice... Recaro VIVO!

it should give you the perfect fit and sit lower like you want.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC