Just got off the phone with BRITAX

Jewels

Senior Community Member
And they WILL NOT be issuing new stickers for use up to 65lbs :mad: They said my seat is still safe to use up to 48lbs and that I should contact Transport Canada. If anyone hears something else about stickers being issued please let me know.

I also asked about a D-ring as mine went missing (from the back pouch) when I transferred my seat between vehicles. They will charge $12.50 for the D-ring and $8.50 shipping :eek: And of course those are US prices!

ADS

Loves2sing

That sucks, I'm sorry Jewels! I wonder if Sunshine Kids will? But you know what? I don't really care either way personally. I will use them to the higher limits anyway.:p

Jewels

Senior Community Member
That sucks, I'm sorry Jewels! I wonder if Sunshine Kids will? But you know what? I don't really care either way personally. I will use them to the higher limits anyway.:p

I think that he will outgrow the seat by height before he will by weight anyways :rolleyes:

BudgieStew

Yeah that......but it still irks my OCD that the car seats that I paid a lot of money for and did a big amount of research won't be sticker perfect.
I just bought the darn things and bought them for the specific reason of them being HWH AND I WANT THEM TO SAY THEY GO TO 65 LBS.
I am not getting screwed because of technicality. I just spent close to a 1000.00 on three car seats in the last few months.
I know I am not the only one in the same boat...who can we write to. I say we harass them!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Loves2sing

That's not a bad idea at all! Maybe if they get enough Canadian complainers, they will re-issue new stickers. That is if Transport Canada allows them to.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Definitely the carseat manufactures who make the business decisions on how to invest in design, testing, certifying, etc. of carseats. TC won't be able to do much aside from opening doors to higher limit which it has with this change.

If you 'harass' TC then, tell them that they might as well look into upping the limit to 80 lbs since it would take a while to put into place

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Did they give a REASON for not restickering ?

No, they just said they will not be issuing new stickers :thumbsdown: Maybe we should just keep phoning them and asking for new stickers, maybe then they will get it that Canadians want new stickers!!!!

bbartlettnfld

I bet they won't re-sticker but the seats with the new stickers will be upped to their original prices! Which incedently I paid full price so I should get a new sticker!!!
BethAnn

bbartlettnfld

I bet they won't re-sticker but the seats with the new stickers will be upped to their original prices! Which incedently I paid full price so I should get a new sticker!!!
BethAnn

Lea_Ontario

I'll play - I'm on the phone now, since I have a Canadian Marathon !

Okay - I spoke to a CSR names Susan. She said no new stickers, and the seat is only to be used to the weights on the current stickers. She was not able to give a reason for this though.

Last edited:

snowbird25ca

BethAnn

Grrr, that would be so dumb!!!!

The whole weight thing isn't likely to affect me as dd won't get past 48lbs before outgrowing the seat.. she's only 30lbs now, so 18lbs is alot for her to gain in the next 2 years which is how long I figure she *might* get out of the MA before outgrowing it.

But still, it's the principle of the whole thing. It's the same seat, they should issue new stickers - although that would also mean a new manual - maybe that's the reason? Wonder if new seats will have the new labelling though?

tiggercat

I don't think the interim order allows them to retroactively change the limits of the seats. It only allows HWL harnessed seats to be made and stickered from May 1 2007 to Apr 30 2008. Restickering old seats even thought they are identical to the new ones would be outside the scope of this order.

snowbird25ca

I don't think the interim order allows them to retroactively change the limits of the seats. It only allows HWL harnessed seats to be made and stickered from May 1 2007 to Apr 30 2008. Restickering old seats even thought they are identical to the new ones would be outside the scope of this order.

Hmmm, that might be a point, although any seat made after May 1 should have a replacement sticker provided if that's the case. Or maybe they quit shipping them for a bit right before the change took effect?

Kellyr2

OKay, let me point this out...
Mikayla is in about the 75th percentile for height. I'm not sure of her exact height currently, but that's where she usually is. She weighs 45 lbs. She's a half inch from the top slot.
So keep harassing them, maybe you can talk them into new stickers, but if not, unless you have a short but heavy kid, the kid should outgrow the MA by height at or around the same time as they hit 48 lbs. Every kid is different, I know...
I'd focus more on harassing SK, if they won't do new stickers, since their seats do give an extra 2 inches of growing room, and might actually make it to 65 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC