Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Just got off the phone with BRITAX

And they WILL NOT be issuing new stickers for use up to 65lbs They said my seat is still safe to use up to 48lbs and that I should contact Transport Canada. If anyone hears something else about stickers being issued please let me know.

I also asked about a D-ring as mine went missing (from the back pouch) when I transferred my seat between vehicles. They will charge $12.50 for the D-ring and $8.50 shipping And of course those are US prices!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Just got off the phone with BRITAX

That sucks, Jewellee. I'm sorry.
    Mom to a Crew! Boys 10, 6, 4 and 2 and Girls 9 and 2!
    Don't ask me if I'm having more, I may be tempted to say yes!

That sucks, I'm sorry Jewels! I wonder if Sunshine Kids will? But you know what? I don't really care either way personally. I will use them to the higher limits anyway.
    Amanda- CRST & Mom
    J-08/01/05 & M-09/14/08

Quote Originally Posted by JennasMommy View Post
    That sucks, I'm sorry Jewels! I wonder if Sunshine Kids will? But you know what? I don't really care either way personally. I will use them to the higher limits anyway.
    I think that he will outgrow the seat by height before he will by weight anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I think that he will outgrow the seat by height before he will by weight anyways
    It is still frustrating that they won't resticker....grrr.
    Jacqui ~ Rylan ~ 08.13.02 ~ 57.2lbs on 9/26/08 ~ Radian 65
    Join Starlight's Book Club, read your manuals! Car seats are cheaper than caskets & you can use them more than once. How much did your wedding cost? How long did it last? Does your child's safety seem more affordable now?

Senior Community Member BudgieStew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JennasMommy View Post
    Yeah that......but it still irks my OCD that the car seats that I paid a lot of money for and did a big amount of research won't be sticker perfect.
    I just bought the darn things and bought them for the specific reason of them being HWH AND I WANT THEM TO SAY THEY GO TO 65 LBS.
    I am not getting screwed because of technicality. I just spent close to a 1000.00 on three car seats in the last few months.
    I know I am not the only one in the same boat...who can we write to. I say we harass them!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by BudgieStew; 05-23-2007 at 09:43 PM.
    *DD N 5 Years 46 inches/44 lbs FF in a Marathon/Parkway SG/Turbo Booster/ and Harnessed Nautilus
    *DS H 7 Years 49 inches/51 lbs in a Monterey and Turbo Booster
    and a Harmony and Radian as back up seats

That's not a bad idea at all! Maybe if they get enough Canadian complainers, they will re-issue new stickers. That is if Transport Canada allows them to.
    Amanda- CRST & Mom
    J-08/01/05 & M-09/14/08

Quote Originally Posted by BudgieStew View Post
    I know I am not the only one in the same boat...who can we write to. I say we harass them!!!!!!!!!!
    So who do we harass? Britax? Transport Canada? Who?

Both! And Sunshine Kids as well.
    Cat in Canada
    DS1 7 yo - 47 lbs (47"/??"t/??"top of head) - boostered in SKMonterey/2TBs/2CowmooPWSG/2HarmonyNBBs
    DS2 4 yo - 34.5 lbs (40"/15"t/??"top of head) - FF in CowmooMA/TrueFit/2Radians/2Nautiluses/HarmonyV7
    Also in possession of: Graco SafeSeat1 and MyRide (loaned out) + 1 demo seat: SnugRide.

Quote Originally Posted by mommycat View Post
    Both! And Sunshine Kids as well.
    I wish BRITAX had a email address! I can't find one, does anyone else have one for them?

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Definitely the carseat manufactures who make the business decisions on how to invest in design, testing, certifying, etc. of carseats. TC won't be able to do much aside from opening doors to higher limit which it has with this change.

If you 'harass' TC then, tell them that they might as well look into upping the limit to 80 lbs since it would take a while to put into place
    Tam
    Certified Canadian CRS Technician-Instructor

DD#1, Aug 1999
    DS, May 2001
    DD#2, Aug 2007

Did they give a REASON for not restickering ?
    Mama to :
    Boo (2002), apramo backless booster
    Bug (2004), Parkway SGL
    Bear (2006), Parkway SGL

Quote Originally Posted by Kashi View Post
    Did they give a REASON for not restickering ?
    No, they just said they will not be issuing new stickers Maybe we should just keep phoning them and asking for new stickers, maybe then they will get it that Canadians want new stickers!!!!

I bet they won't re-sticker but the seats with the new stickers will be upped to their original prices! Which incedently I paid full price so I should get a new sticker!!!
    BethAnn

Canadian CPST, Mommy to ,
    E 12 5 Steps!
    N 7 Monteray, Prkway & Clek

I bet they won't re-sticker but the seats with the new stickers will be upped to their original prices! Which incedently I paid full price so I should get a new sticker!!!
    BethAnn

Canadian CPST, Mommy to ,
    E 12 5 Steps!
    N 7 Monteray, Prkway & Clek

I'll play - I'm on the phone now, since I have a Canadian Marathon !

Okay - I spoke to a CSR names Susan. She said no new stickers, and the seat is only to be used to the weights on the current stickers. She was not able to give a reason for this though.
    Last edited by Lea_Ontario; 05-25-2007 at 12:41 PM.
    Mama to :
    Boo (2002), apramo backless booster
    Bug (2004), Parkway SGL
    Bear (2006), Parkway SGL

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbartlettnfld View Post
    BethAnn
    Grrr, that would be so dumb!!!!

The whole weight thing isn't likely to affect me as dd won't get past 48lbs before outgrowing the seat.. she's only 30lbs now, so 18lbs is alot for her to gain in the next 2 years which is how long I figure she *might* get out of the MA before outgrowing it.

But still, it's the principle of the whole thing. It's the same seat, they should issue new stickers - although that would also mean a new manual - maybe that's the reason? Wonder if new seats will have the new labelling though?
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

I don't think the interim order allows them to retroactively change the limits of the seats. It only allows HWL harnessed seats to be made and stickered from May 1 2007 to Apr 30 2008. Restickering old seats even thought they are identical to the new ones would be outside the scope of this order.
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tiggercat View Post
    I don't think the interim order allows them to retroactively change the limits of the seats. It only allows HWL harnessed seats to be made and stickered from May 1 2007 to Apr 30 2008. Restickering old seats even thought they are identical to the new ones would be outside the scope of this order.
    Hmmm, that might be a point, although any seat made after May 1 should have a replacement sticker provided if that's the case. Or maybe they quit shipping them for a bit right before the change took effect?
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

CPS Fanatic

OKay, let me point this out...
    Mikayla is in about the 75th percentile for height. I'm not sure of her exact height currently, but that's where she usually is. She weighs 45 lbs. She's a half inch from the top slot.
    So keep harassing them, maybe you can talk them into new stickers, but if not, unless you have a short but heavy kid, the kid should outgrow the MA by height at or around the same time as they hit 48 lbs. Every kid is different, I know...
    I'd focus more on harassing SK, if they won't do new stickers, since their seats do give an extra 2 inches of growing room, and might actually make it to 65 lbs.
    Kelly, mom to Aaric (7.5 and 65 lbs), Mikayla (6 and 52 lbs), and Xander (20 mo and 25 lbs)
    No more Huskies due to a wreck...
    Xander's in a MA, Mikayla in a GN, Aaric is temporarily in the pink Vivo...
    Graco SS1 due to come out of retirement in Jan 09