monterey - how pink is pink?

2wild

just curious how pink the pink monterey is? ds wants one, and even though i dont think it's going to work four us, i'm going to order it and see.
i never pegged him for a pink guy, and i'm surprised but fine that he is (pink was never a fave of mine - or his for that matter), but i am a little worried for him, especially since we are hoping to get years out of this seat (he's 6 now).
so just how pink is pink? should i try to talk him out of it just to save him tons of grief? or is that buying into the whole gender-specific color thing?

ADS

2wild

I did - we ordered this evening. I was just kind of wondering what kind of pink it was. Guess I'll find out soon enough!
Did you mean pink in general was originally a "boy" color? Guess all my talk about how there are no "boy" or "girl" colors got through to him! Hope he can keep his "who cares, I like it" attitude for as long as we have the seat. I actually agree with him that it's the nicest choice, even if I tend towards a more black/grey palate myself.
Anyway, thank you.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I think it's similar to the Britax Frontier, which is most definitely PINK lol. My 9yo charge just got one after begging for a pink seat for a year, and he is thrilled. He is ALL BOY but loooves his seat and has even named it Pinky and begged to take it on family vacation, lol.

Uh... no real point to this except to contribute to the pink/boy discussion. One of the other kids (his brother maybe?) even told him it was a girl color and he put them in their place. I was super-pleased, we definitely roll with the "if you like it you like it."

You can always order replacement covers -- or swap covers with someone -- if he outgrows it down the line. :)

dneul

Honestly you really do not see much pink when there is a child in the seat.
view.php

http://gallery.neulinger.org/gallery/image.php?op=view&image=%2Fnathandonna%2Fmisc%2FCar+seats%2F2011-03-Montery%2F100_0434.JPG&size=1024x768

I would call it princess pink. Its not barbie pink- IMO anyway.
imgres

http://www.lowes.com/pd_93707-4-CI218PRINCESSPINK_4294856872+4294788267+4294791314_40_?productId=3327226&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_RedsPinks_4294856872%2B4294788267%2B4294791314_40_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1%26page%3D2&facetInfo=Creative%20Ideas%20for%20Color%20by%20Valspar|Reds/Pinks

Kat_Momof3

pink was for boys and blue was for girls... up until Queen Elizabeth had Prince Charles... she changed the trend by choosing to do a blue nursery... people followed suit.

there are many theories as to why that had been the trend before... pink being from red and considered a "hot" or male color, where blue is calmer and thereby more feminine...

or it could be because back when clothes first were being colored, the red dyes were more expensive, so it was easier to get for men as they made the money.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC