Is it silly to just keep them all?

jessi f

I now have 6 seats for 2 kids :eek: I have 2 TFs, 1 GN, 1 CA, 1 MR, and 1 XTSL.
The TFs are in my car and the GN and MR are in grandma's car, the main cars the kids ride in. The XTSL is RF for DS in DH's car bc he doesnt have top tethers, DS rides in there a couple times a month. The CA is in DD's closet.

I was going to sell the CA when I got DD her MR. But I like it, and it makes me sad to think about getting rid of it. And I want to keep both the TFs in case we have another baby one day. DS love his GN and it works out well to have it in my moms car bc my nephews can also use it. The MR is pretty and it has cupholders :p The XTSL is my insurance to make sure DD gets to rearface forever. And I was planning on using the SL for DS in the captains chair when he's to heavy for regular LATCH, but I havnt checked to see if it's going to have the loosening issues with our car. Plus DS is going to start preschool in the fall and we may end up driving extra kids for field trips and play dates ect. And I've been thinking about taking on a babysitting kid so I would need an extra seat for that.

So is it crazy to keep all the seats and just rotate them out so they all get used? I've thought about loaning them out to friends but everyone I know trashes their seats and dont use them right anyways :( If I weeded one or 2 out which ones should it be? I feel like each one serves it's one purpose, but maybe that's my inner hoarder talking :rolleyes:

ADS

hrice

You are asking the wrong group of people!

I like having extra seats. It comes in handy when I have extra riders.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I personally would keep them but I like having extra seats. I am currently stalking the True Fit on Dealomite and I currently have no use for it. I already warned DH that I would buy it if the price got low enough.

Pixels

You have two kids, three vehicles to keep seats in. Six sounds quite reasonable to me. You have leeway to get rid of one.

If you were to get rid of one, which should it be? Keep the combination seat. You want to keep the Radian. You want to keep the TFs. So that leaves either the My Ride or the Complete Air as candidates for getting rid of.

FTR, I had 5 usable seats for one child, plus an outgrown infant seat, when DS was conceived. Each was obtained for a reason, and even though many have sat unused for a while, I'm sure that in a year or so they all will be in use and actually I will need one more seat.

Dillipop

I have something like 18 seats for 3 kids. Granted, 9 seats are always in use in 3 different cars and 1-2 are about to expire, but yeah. I would keep the extra seat. It can't hurt to have an extra in case of puke or in case you need to send a kid with someone else.

Rebelnicky04

I always keep at least 2 extra seats in the closet because well ya just never know. God forbid but if there is a crash I don't have to worry about seats- I've got some right there in the closet. So no I don't think it is silly at all. I would keep them :)

jessi f

Thanks guys :love: I was kind of hoping you would say it's not crazy. When I told my sister I was thinking about keeping all of them she acted like it was pretty wasteful. I really dont see how it's hurting anything though. We dont need the extra $, not that we couldnt use it, but nothing is pressing right now. And it would be a pain to have something happen to the seats and not have spares available. Now I just have to convince DH :rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot in my first post I would need either the CA or MR later bc DD will proably break 35 lbs (in the TF) before I want to FF her.... ;)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Uh, yeah, you're asking the wrong people. ;)

DSC02654-1.jpg

(These are just the seats that weren't installed in our two vehicles - and this is from before we had DD2!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC