Wow, check out this after-market seat-cooler.

abckidsmom

file.aspx

http://www.babydagny.com/product.aspx?pId=176

They even showed it in a Britax seat. Right? That is a Britax, isn't it.

I'm going out to get one for my sweaty kid right now. Not.

ADS

JaRylan

As long as it is removed before putting the child in the carseat it would be okay...I would imagine some parent would attempt to use it with the child in the seat...and then wonder why the kid had frostbite on their bumb. :rolleyes:

mommycat

Or, you can just throw a blanket over your carseats when they are not in use? I am glad they say to remove it though, when I first saw it I thought you were supposed to stick your kid on top of it - poor kid!

keri1292

At first I htought it was to be left in the car, ACK! But it does say...
Mom or Dad takes the Seat Chiller from the freezer and places it on the child's car seat before buckling in. The seat and its buckles are instantly cooled, the Seat Chiller is removed, and then the child can comfortably be placed into the car seat.
I guess if you like baby/kid gadgets you may enjoy this. I never remember that stuff. I'm the mom standing in the rain because I forgot to bring my umbrella and the rain cover for my double stroller! :hitselfonhead:

beebear23

Senior Community Member
It's a neat idea, except that it does't reach the spot of DS' car seat that gets hot, which is on the sides under his legs. But in our 118 degree summers, it would be nice to have something. Cause sometimes even a towel doesn't work..

Hmmm... Nah, i'd never remember to put it in the car/truck anyway..

twokidstwodogs

The way I look at it, my kids are already going to be spoiled because they've never known that oh-so-lovely feeling of trying to peel your sweaty thighs off the vinyl seats of a 70s-era station wagon. So they sure don't need a seat cooler!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The way I look at it, my kids are already going to be spoiled because they've never known that oh-so-lovely feeling of trying to peel your sweaty thighs off the vinyl seats of a 70s-era station wagon. So they sure don't need a seat cooler!

LOL!!!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Put it in a little cooler in the car when you are driving so it stays cold so you can put it on the seat when you are in shopping :) (I can barely remember diapers and lipstick, this would never make it :( )

Melizerd

Ok I'm a gadget junkie and I would use this.

I'd also be the one carrying the cooler in the trunk to keep it cold until I needed to use it later. We carry one anyhow for my husband's medication so it's not a stretch for us.

wondering1

I always use a cooler to put the groceries in for summer time. This would probably fit in the big cooler...

To cool the sides of the car seat, simply lay it sideways a few times.

The EPS foam on the Britax and some other seats really keeps the seat much cooler than seats without EPS foam.

You do have to remember to re-freeze it also!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC