Question need help installing my CA in 3rd row center of oddy

lovemybabies924

ok i want to use my tether thats center of 3rd row in my 04' odyssey. its a lap belt w/option of shoulder belt clipped on. i have to adjust it by pulling it thru the plate thing. so locking clip-yes....shoulder belt clipped on???? yes or no???

this is for a CA65

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'm remarkably confused. The seatbelt that pulls down from the ceiling is required, as it becomes both the lap and shoulder portion of the seatbelt. So you buckle it into the little buckle, and from there it's a regular belt. You lock it at the shoulder like a regular Honda belt. No locking clip needed.

And then what about a tether?

Wendy

lovemybabies924

It's not like my moms pilot where it turns into a standard after u buckle the shoulder part in, it's a standard lap with add on NON locking shoulder option

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Ok, those pictures are helpful. The lap belt is a lap belt only, you never use a locking clip on it. Unless it says in your car manual that you must use the shoulder portion I'd do just the lap belt and top tether. All carseats pass testing with just the lap belt, so you're fine there, plus the tether. Just buckle it in and tighten the tail down.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC