Is one travel system better than another?

jb28kds

I see so much on regular car seats but what about travel systems? My oldest is PG and I want to direct her in the right way regarding car seats.

ADS

Kobain's Mommy

I would say watch for Graco SnugRide22's rear adjust travel systems. The rear adjust can be a rear in the butt to adjust!

Kegracin

My sister likes her Chicco Keyfit travel system. I personally think the stroller is much to big and takes up to much room in the trunk...but she likes the system. The car-seat is awesome though.

laudymama

I have the chicco system. It was ok, super easy seat install but didn't love it. The back of DS shirt was always soaked after riding anywhere -even just when seat was snapped into stroller. The fabric doesn't breathe well. The stroller is also quite large and bulky and a pain to fold/get in & out of car. The Graco strollers seemed easier to fold but I loved the pattern on chicco. If I had to do it all over again I would just buy a snap n go and a separate infant carrier, then a stroller- the Baby Jogger City Mini is very functional. I may not even use my travel system for baby #2 and search craigslist for a snap n go ( not just because of the sweat problem but just ease of use, space, etc). This is just my :twocents: a lot of people prefer travel systems....just try the different options at the store to see what's best for her :)

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
in my opinion I don't really like travel systems...I would buy a car seat and a stroller frame and then go find a stroller that she would really love for future purposes after the baby's born because she will know what her particular needs are once the baby is a couple of months old

for the frame I like the SR35 and the graco snugrider

amelia222

I'm not a fan of the strollers that come with travel systems, so I'd choose whichever front-adjust infant seat you prefer and get a good stroller or frame to go with it. Most of the 'better' strollers are compatible with the most infant seats.

Baylor

I had a Graco Quattro system and loved it. I think it just depends what you like. just go try them out. Pay more attention to the car seat than the stroller..

Rebelnicky04

We have the Britax Chaperone and I LOVEEEEEE :love: it. It is a little on the bulky side (the stroller) but we love it. The patterns are awesome and the stroller can wheel through anything!

featherhead

I prefer a stroller that baby can go in, without the carseat. I myself believe that carseats should only be used in the car whenever possible.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Most travel systems now have full recline, so you can use just the stroller without HAVING to keep the baby in the infant seat all the time (and indeed, as Featherhead said, that's a good idea...carseats are for cars and maybe short errands, not full days out and about).
Really it depends on your trunk space, and what you plan to do with the stroller. Lots of long outdoor walks? A Baby Jogger or BOB might be the best choice, you can snap a carseat onto them for shorter errands. Mall Crawling and a huge trunk? Quattro Tour may well work (i find the seat so small on that, though! So much stroller, such a crazy short seatback for the actual child IN it, lol). The Graco MetroLite or UrbanLite will take any Graco seat, so you can make your own system. Any Chicco will fit on a Cortina or Trevi, and most seats will fit on a really good quality stroller, like a Peg Perego P3 or Inglesina Zippy.

Chicco Cortina with Key Fit is the nicest thing we have at Babies R Us, though I love putting the Snugride 35 in the Metrolite (that comes in two different boxes, but the pieces match). I saw a Baby Jogger City Select today, and it was just divine, but ooh lah lah, spendy, lol. There's a bar you can buy to put the Chicco or any other seat on it.

Yeah, skip the less-expensive travel systems at the big box retailers, they often have infant seats with rear-adjust harnesses (Cosco, Evenflo, some Gracos), or seats that require the handle be down in the car (Evenflo Embrace, Baby Trend Flex Loc), or come with really hard to install bases (Most are decent with LATCH, but often you want to put the baby in a non-LATCH spot, most cars don't have center LATCH, so you have to use the seatbelt, and the Snugride22/30, Embrace, Discovery, Cosco, Safety 1st seats are a bear to install with seatbelts).

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC