Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

monterey - how pink is pink?

just curious how pink the pink monterey is? ds wants one, and even though i dont think it's going to work four us, i'm going to order it and see.
    i never pegged him for a pink guy, and i'm surprised but fine that he is (pink was never a fave of mine - or his for that matter), but i am a little worried for him, especially since we are hoping to get years out of this seat (he's 6 now).
    so just how pink is pink? should i try to talk him out of it just to save him tons of grief? or is that buying into the whole gender-specific color thing?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: monterey - how pink is pink?

I would let him have the pink. It was originally a "boy" color anyway
    Mom to
    R-6/4/06, 50lbs, chillin in a F85 in the Sedona, Recaro Vivo in the Ion
    E-7/1/2011, Currently 28lbs Momentum65 in the Sedona, Guide65 in the Ion

4. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

I did - we ordered this evening. I was just kind of wondering what kind of pink it was. Guess I'll find out soon enough!
    Did you mean pink in general was originally a "boy" color? Guess all my talk about how there are no "boy" or "girl" colors got through to him! Hope he can keep his "who cares, I like it" attitude for as long as we have the seat. I actually agree with him that it's the nicest choice, even if I tend towards a more black/grey palate myself.
    Anyway, thank you.

I actually saw one tonight and its like a bubblegum pink.
    L 12/08 riding in a Zebra FR90 52lbs 48in
    J 12/11 riding rfing in a Laguna G4 BLVD 28lbs 35in

A 10/14 riding in a SS1!

I think it's similar to the Britax Frontier, which is most definitely PINK lol. My 9yo charge just got one after begging for a pink seat for a year, and he is thrilled. He is ALL BOY but loooves his seat and has even named it Pinky and begged to take it on family vacation, lol.

Uh... no real point to this except to contribute to the pink/boy discussion. One of the other kids (his brother maybe?) even told him it was a girl color and he put them in their place. I was super-pleased, we definitely roll with the "if you like it you like it."

You can always order replacement covers -- or swap covers with someone -- if he outgrows it down the line.
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!

Honestly you really do not see much pink when there is a child in the seat.

http://gallery.neulinger.org/gallery...&size=1024x768

I would call it princess pink. Its not barbie pink- IMO anyway.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_93707-4-CI21...par|Reds/Pinks

Senior Community Member Jennifer mom to my 7's Avatar

I think this is close to true color, on my monitor anyway.

Whatever Wendy said

"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

pink was for boys and blue was for girls... up until Queen Elizabeth had Prince Charles... she changed the trend by choosing to do a blue nursery... people followed suit.

there are many theories as to why that had been the trend before... pink being from red and considered a "hot" or male color, where blue is calmer and thereby more feminine...

or it could be because back when clothes first were being colored, the red dyes were more expensive, so it was easier to get for men as they made the money.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

11. Thank You from: