Anyone wash a ProSport cover yet?

AtTheSouthDam

DD2 spilled her drink yesterday in her carseat. Now it *must* be washed, according to her.
So, before I take it apart any tricks I should know? I don't want to hurt the cover like I did the first time I took a RN cover off :eek:

TIA

ADS

Dillipop

Just make sure you handwash it. I threw our vivo cover in the washer and it ruined it. The color all rubbed off and it looked awful. Recaro doesn't offer replacement covers for the vivo, so when I called, Gayle was nice enough to dig one up, but I don't know how many they have.

Murphy's Law

I washed mine a couple of weeks ago, thanks to an incident involving a tube of yogurt and a certain 3 year old who shall remain nameless! :p

I washed it in the machine (front loader) normal cycle with cold water and line dried it. No issues whatsoever! It cleaned up really nicely.

*I meant to add that it came off and went back on really easily. Much more user friendly than any of the SK seats!

Murphy's Law

I'm not sure if it matters or not, but I threw in some other dirty things in the wash with it to keep it full and balanced. I thought it would give it less of a chance to rub on something during a spin cycle. Not sure if that helped or if they have improved the covers, but it came out just fine! I only wash my covers when they get something on them that can't be just wiped off. I do get a little nervous that the washer will wreck them but so far so good with all of my seats. :) I'm not a fan of hand washing anything. :p

Nisha

I washed my ProSport cover a few weeks ago with some towles, on gentle cycle (regular top loader), and it came out perfect!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC