Quick advice please

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
DD is weighing in at 40# again tonight. I need to figure out what to do for our vehicle fast and her Nauti hasn't arrived yet.

1. let her ride RF in the MR that's already installed, she's not OVER 40# ;)
  2. install the MR FF even though the install is really reclined and uncomfortable and I have to have the rear feet off the seat which I'm not sure how I feel about that (I have an official answer from Graco that it's okay)
  3. let her ride in the Monterey (which fits her nicely)

Her Frontier XT arrived today but I can't get the long belt path to reach in our vehicle and it's for my parents vehicle anyway so I need to have my dad install it in his vehicle tomorrow so they can go some place if they need to.

ETA: in case it influences anyone's decision, she'd be in the vehicle for 15 mins. in the morning and 15 mins. in the evening each day, likely not more. I could restrict to that until the Nauti arrives. This weekend I could keep her out of our vehicle all weekend, but next week it's back to mornings and evenings and then that weekend she has dance class so can't avoid our vehicle.

Last edited:
ADS

Mama Jo

How was she dressed when you weighed her?

I'd say option 1, dress light, and don't let her eat till the Nauti comes in. :p

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
How was she dressed when you weighed her?

I'd say option 1, dress light, and don't let her eat till the Nauti comes in. :p
She was wearing a light cotton sleeveless dress, undies and a jean jacket. No socks. We can do the same tomorrow minus the jean jacket which maybe would bring her down enough?

WHY did I feed her supper tonight?? :ROTFLMAO: (and she ate supper AFTER I weighed her!)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
She is 4yrs 7mos, right?

I'd go FF mr until her nauti arrives.

A week away from 4 years 8 months.

I'm going to have to install the seat in the morning because it's too dark in the garage for me to be able to do it tonight and it's late and I have a crampy uterus and DH fell asleep with DD....so...can anyone remind me what I need to do to install the MR FF?

I have to move the harness up one notch, install with seat belt since she's 40#, and top tether? Also, have to flip the feet although that does nothing in my install since the feet are raised off the vehicle seat, but I'll do it anyway. Anything else I missed?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've found that at least with my kids, they tend to weigh less in the morning than at night.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
So, I'll weigh in the morning, if she's under 40# or 40#, I'll keep it RF. I can't weigh her at my mom's when I pick her up because my mom's scale is out but we're not sure by how much. It weighs heavy, so not useful at all.

I'll avoid driving her anywhere this weekend, then Sunday morning I'll weigh again.

I like this option. It's easier than having to uninstall a seat and reinstall a seat early in the morning before work. :D

If she's 40.2# for some odd reason in the morning (she grows overnight LOL), should I flip then? or I can use the whole range of 40, up to 40.99999999? ;)

Mama Jo

2. install the MR FF even though the install is really reclined and uncomfortable and I have to have the rear feet off the seat which I'm not sure how I feel about that (I have an official answer from Graco that it's okay)

This is why I wouldn't want to ff her if I didn't have to. At her age, I wouldn't have a problem ff her in a seat that I felt installed safely and properly. But this would make me nervous too, despite what Graco says. Especially with the whole issue they made out of the Nautilus overhanging even just a little. :rolleyes:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I got lucky. She's 39# this morning in spaghetti strapped dress and undies. :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ugh, it's freezing here today, I had to add a hoodie and socks. I got the Frontier installed with my dad in his vehicle when we got there and they are going to drive her home today, so no worries for end of day today.

Last edited:

beeman

It's 40.000000 pounds, or if you prefer, 39.99999.

That is one precise scale you've got there ;) .

ETA: in case it influences anyone's decision, she'd be in the vehicle for 15 mins. in the morning and 15 mins. in the evening each day, likely not more.

I can't think of any 15 min route in this city that you can take without drivers that want to get into a crash....

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Well crappy day. She is 40.4# right now and we have to take her out because I forgot we were having an open house today. DH is bringing the MR in to adjust straps and remove harness covers. Hopefully I will be satisfied with the install, else we're screwed. Or I guess she goes in the Monterey, but that may worry me more.

I hate being in this situation. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC