Discussions w/ Russ about Radian

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I thought ya'll might appreciate this... I've been chatting a bit with Russ over the last few days - due to my short harness Radian, I'll be getting a new one next week (woo hoo).

He asked me what I liked about it, what I didn't like, and I expressed concern over the seatbelt install, saying that it was very difficult in some vehicles and that as a CPST, atleast I knew about twisting the buckle stalk and such... his comment was "Yes, it is really very easy to install with LATCH. Because the belt path is straight and smooth, I have actually found it pretty easy with seatbelt, as well." :eek:

We also discussed the testing for the seat... I'm pleased to know that withOUT the tether, it only had head excursion of abt 25 inches - quite nice. Still too much, but quite nice.

He also reminded me that I could continue to use the seat to the full 65 lbs, regardless of where my sons shoulders were, and told me that the seat had passed the tests just fine with that - I expressed concern about spinal compression and he said that they had something (can't remember what he called it) that measured that, and it did fine. I haven't really read up on the tech point of view on how they tested for this, so I need to do that.

Anyway, wanted to share these tidbits with ya'll. :D

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hmmmm, I think I have a short harness Radian, and one without a safe stop. Maybe I should email Russ..... Oh, and the label is spelled wrong. LOL

Wendy

Starlight

Senior Community Member
mine has a DOM of 10/05, and no safestop either.

He's asked that I cut up the harness on the old one and trash it.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I already was a member, LOL, but I sold my spare cover a few months ago... effectively making the cost of my Radian $70. So, for a brief time anyway, I'll have *2* Radians for $70.

broken4u05

Mine didnt come with a safestop. I didn't think anything about it because my godson is over the limit for it but should i call and get one?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC