News Live in Vilonia .....everything gone .. need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

geministars26

I'm just now able to get online. We live in Vilonia Arkansas. We were leveled by a F4 tornado. Our daughter is just over a month old. We got home in time to yank her from her carseat. We left it outside. We didn't have time to think. We left her with my mother and I have been trying to get another one. We have $50 cash to our name. ..yes we have insurance but we have yet to see an adjuster show up. We went everywhere but everyone either lost theirs too or they have none. Red cross donated this one to us and we didn't have the heart to say no. Can someone please help us? This one was made 4/30/04.

ADS

rachelandtyke

I'm so sorry for what you are going through! I am so glad you all survived even though it sounds like you lost everything. :(

Can you find a model number or company name and model name on your seat?

Chely7425

Do you have an address where you can have mail delivered/are things being delivered down there? I have multiple Sceneras chilling in my hallway...

geministars26

Here's a link to photos I took. On my drop box thing.

http://db.tt/GjZskMO

They aren't great qaulity but we have no power so not a lot of lighting. It's a cosco alpha something. Made 4/30/2004. I wish they were! No mail or anything. Not even pick up service yet. Horrible situation but we're alive and we can replace all the material things.

Dillipop

The seat they gave you expired a year ago and I can't imagine how it was treated. If you HAVE to take the baby with you somewhere, I might consider using it if you can get it put back together correctly. But only if you have to emergency transport. Otherwise, you'll need to wait until things are up and going to get something that is safe. A Cosco Scenera will run you $40-$50. I know that's all you have, but it is the cheapest option and a good seat.

You said you left her current seat outside. Is it still in your car or is it totally gone? If it's still in your car, even if your car took quite the beating, could you use it for an emergency? Again, you'd still have to get something new, but for an emergency it'd be better than your lap.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Ok. Is there a splitter plate to connect the harness to? There is a bar in back that you can lift to move the harness height down. Run the harness through the slots (I can't recall if it goes over the bar, someone else will know) and hook it to the splitter plate.

Obviously you know that the seat is not terribly safe - it is better than nothing of course, but that's about all. Travel as little as possible and get a new seat asap.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
(Also - if anybody else is in the area and can take a Scenera to this poster I will pp them reimbursement tonight.)

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
I'm so sorry for what you are going through! I wish I were close enough to just bring you a new seat!

The Scenera is probably your best option, does any know of any coupons she could find?

Sent from my PC36100 using Car-Seat.Org

geministars26

Her carseat we left outside was found a street over in pieces and what was left was found in a tree down our road. Soo it's completely gone. The straps were over the bar in the back? My car got hit with siding. We took her carrier out like always and when we saw the tornado touch down we just panicked I guess and we just took her out and left it behind on our porch. Any help would be great!

cookie123

Don't the AOEs have a longer expiration date?

ETA: I checked the website. The 3 in 1 has an 8 year expiration.

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

I'm SO sorry... I would get an evenflo tribute or cosco scenera... but obviously I would try to avoid taking her anywhere while you worry about food and diapers and such first.

Mae

Ok. Is there a splitter plate to connect the harness to? There is a bar in back that you can lift to move the harness height down. Run the harness through the slots (I can't recall if it goes over the bar, someone else will know) and hook it to the splitter plate.

Obviously you know that the seat is not terribly safe - it is better than nothing of course, but that's about all. Travel as little as possible and get a new seat asap.

Yes, the harness MUST go over the bar. OP, how are you accessing the forums? A phone, or computer? Can you view this? It's the manual for your car seat.

http://www.djgusa.com/usa/eng/DJGFiles/ProductDocuments/43583186.pdf

Took a screen shot of how to thread the harness over the bar. I made it really large in case you can't download the manual. Click the link (or if you can't click it, let me know and I'll directly add it to the thread).

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/jellybellybeans_2009/Car Seats/Manuals/ee71198c.jpg

ntrenary

I have a friend in Conway. I think that's like 10min from you right? I can ask if she'd be willing to have Chely7425's scenera shipped to her and she might even drop it off to you. Let me know if this will work for you.

Mama Jo

Jess lives really close to Vilonia. I'll PM her. My cousin lives in Conway and another cousin in Greenbrier, and she knows Jess... If Jess can pick up a seat, we could maybe all pitch in and pp her a little bit of money.

geministars26

I have an android phone for sprint. Its my only contact to the outside world. The red cross has donated diapers and such. We just go back when we need more. We just don't want to be stuck without any money. My husband won't get a paycheck til next Wednesday. :( this seat just scares me. It's old, very beat up, and I just don't know anything about it. She's only 9 lb. 4 oz.....the straps are way above her shoulders. Yea Conway is about 25 minutes from where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC