Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Angry Beyond frustrated with all car seats right now!!!

GAH. I'm so done. A few days ago my XTSL loosened while installed with LATCH. So I got mad at it and put it in an extended possibly permanent ban from being used. DS2 is currently riding in a MA. I had to reinstall it yesterday because I was trying to make it and the Keyfit play nicer with each other. When I went to put DS2 in it to go get DS1 and his friend from school, the harness straps were really uneven. Like one was a good 2 inches longer than the other. I loosened and tightened over and over and it slowly got better but I had to uninstall and reinstall serveral times to fix the problem. WTH was that about? Seriously. I was way late picking DS1 and his friend too. Then when we got home I noticed DD had a nasty red welt on her neck from the Keyfit harness. WTH again? She's super tiny and it's got strap covers!!
    I'm so done with the seats I have and I know I'll be just as unhappy with any other seats. I'm so sick of trying to cram seats side by side with my super narrow middle seat. I'm so sick of feeling like I can't trust seats because of recalls with stupid fixes and companys who act like certain issues don't exist. I just don't even want to go anywhere with my kids anymore. We'll just be hermits and never leave the house again.
    Mama to DS1 7-98 in a seatbelt, DS2 11-07 in an Affix and Turbobooster, DD1 12-10 RF in a Headwise, DD2 4-12 RF in a Headwise
    Loving wife to DH

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Beyond frustrated with all car seats right now!!!

Install your XTSL with the seatbelt and pull your DDs collar up between her neck and the straps to keep from rubbing.

The uneven harness issue is just going to happen in any seat from time to time. The yoke/splitter plate can get caught up or maybe you pulled only one side.
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hrice View Post
    Install your XTSL with the seatbelt and pull your DDs collar up between her neck and the straps to keep from rubbing.

The uneven harness issue is just going to happen in any seat from time to time. The yoke/splitter plate can get caught up or maybe you pulled only one side.
    DD had a fleece jacket on.

I know the MA's okay. I'm just PO'd at car seats right now.
    Mama to DS1 7-98 in a seatbelt, DS2 11-07 in an Affix and Turbobooster, DD1 12-10 RF in a Headwise, DD2 4-12 RF in a Headwise
    Loving wife to DH

I feel your pain... when I was trying to figure out my 3 across I went thru a phase where I just wanted to sell the car... lol

Rachel, mom to an army of Ts

CPS Technician

It happens to all of us. I was cursing DD1's BLVD this morning when the "twist proof" straps were all twisted up. Again.

But if I had a RN with superlatch right now I'd be super frustrated if something else started acting up on it.
    A - 2/08 - 33" 22lbs ERF in a MR 65 and Blvd 65
    L - 10/10 - 25" 14lbs riding in a Keyfit