Vent Beyond frustrated with all car seats right now!!!

purplemama

GAH. I'm so done. A few days ago my XTSL loosened while installed with LATCH. So I got mad at it and put it in an extended possibly permanent ban from being used. DS2 is currently riding in a MA. I had to reinstall it yesterday because I was trying to make it and the Keyfit play nicer with each other. When I went to put DS2 in it to go get DS1 and his friend from school, the harness straps were really uneven. Like one was a good 2 inches longer than the other. I loosened and tightened over and over and it slowly got better but I had to uninstall and reinstall serveral times to fix the problem. WTH was that about? Seriously. I was way late picking DS1 and his friend too. Then when we got home I noticed DD had a nasty red welt on her neck from the Keyfit harness. WTH again? She's super tiny and it's got strap covers!!
I'm so done with the seats I have and I know I'll be just as unhappy with any other seats. I'm so sick of trying to cram seats side by side with my super narrow middle seat. I'm so sick of feeling like I can't trust seats because of recalls with stupid fixes and companys who act like certain issues don't exist. I just don't even want to go anywhere with my kids anymore. We'll just be hermits and never leave the house again.

ADS

hrice

Install your XTSL with the seatbelt and pull your DDs collar up between her neck and the straps to keep from rubbing.

The uneven harness issue is just going to happen in any seat from time to time. The yoke/splitter plate can get caught up or maybe you pulled only one side.

purplemama

Install your XTSL with the seatbelt and pull your DDs collar up between her neck and the straps to keep from rubbing.

The uneven harness issue is just going to happen in any seat from time to time. The yoke/splitter plate can get caught up or maybe you pulled only one side.

DD had a fleece jacket on.

I know the MA's okay. I'm just PO'd at car seats right now.

Chely7425

I feel your pain... when I was trying to figure out my 3 across I went thru a phase where I just wanted to sell the car... lol

tarabelle

It happens to all of us. I was cursing DD1's BLVD this morning when the "twist proof" straps were all twisted up. Again.

But if I had a RN with superlatch right now I'd be super frustrated if something else started acting up on it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC