SKJP and Consumerist?

MaeganEmily

Does anyone here read the Consumerist blog? I'm wondering if this situation is something that could be brought to their attention. This whole thing is getting to be ridiculous; the email from the president, the reps acting shocked to hear of the issue (and then ignoring emails, at least in my case), and the repeated mailing of equally malfunctioning parts.

ADS

T4K

You can definitely try....the people on there are brutal!!

I love that blog :)

I would link up a couple you tube videos and even maybe links to the threads...it can only bring increased traffic to c-so!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I've never heard of the blog but if they are "brutal" and anyone is planning on sending them links to threads here, I think I'd want to okay that with Admin first in case it should bring any negative publicity to this web site.

T4K

Good point. The writers of the blog aren't brutal but the readers that follow are.

MaeganEmily

I'm a terrible writer ... but I was thinking that the email from Brad, with any irrelevant info redacted, plus the videos, would work. I don't think the thread needs to be included. The fact that a company is refusing to address a safety issue simply because the seats are slightly out of warranty. Okay, my seat is out of warranty, but to not even tell me what I can do to make it more safe is kind of nuts.

Do other companies have this policy? Once you're out of warranty they no longer have to deal with you at all?

The commenters there HAVE gotten a little out of control. Before Consumer Reports took over, it was very civilized and the commenters were all interested in the articles, not the drama.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Do other companies have this policy? Once you're out of warranty they no longer have to deal with you at all?

Yes. That's usually the policy. That's why there are warranty periods instead of lifetime guarantees. It stinks for you (no snark intended), but many companies will not replace items after the warranty period is up.

I'm far more concerned with the feigned ignorance about the issues than them not replacing seats/parts that are out of warranty.

MaeganEmily

The difference in commenters' attitudes between the stroller article and say, the rental car/car seat article is making me hesitate.

I can see getting a lot of WELL WHY DON'T YOU JUST USE THE SEATBELT AND GET OVER YOURSELF!

Their most popular tool, the EECB (Executive Email Carpet Bomb), obviously won't work here either ...

I'm such a chicken!

MaeganEmily

Chickabiddy - I understand them not replacing parts after the warranty is over. But to ignore inquiries about what to do? I told Susan (via email) that I understood the warranty issue and did not expect to be able to send my seat back in. I then asked her what I should do to be able to use the LATCH. No response.

I mean, I've called CS hotlines for 20 year old appliances before and at least gotten SOMEWHERE. Sure, I know my KitchenAid isn't going to get replaced, but they can at least tell me what to do with it. Any company that refuses to deal with their customers after owning their product for one year is kind of a jerk.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I agree, and I wrote that I *am* distressed about the lack of concern or response, which is (IMO) a different issue than out-of-warranty seats.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I agree that warranty isn't the issue, especially since they aren't exactly helping those with seats *in* warranty that are having the problem. They have no solution, thus can't help anyone regardless if the seat is in our out of warranty.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I've never heard of the blog but if they are "brutal" and anyone is planning on sending them links to threads here, I think I'd want to okay that with Admin first in case it should bring any negative publicity to this web site.

In the case of extremely subjective comments for or against a particular company, product or representative, those are generally best kept on personal blogs, facebook pages or other social media. In addition, any type of grass-roots effort to affect a change in a product or company is generally not suitable for our public forums unless it is clearly based on objective factors like a recall or public media investigation.

Obviously, we promote members to share experiences, good and bad, with child safety seats. Such comments are rarely censored, except in cases where they border on personal attacks directed at specific company personnel. On the other hand, sometimes these comments can be so overwhlemingly positive or negative that they are hardly objective at all. In fact, praise that was almost to that level promoting the Sunshine Kids Radian can be found here in past threads. It's interesting to see how popular opinion can shift.

Anyway, as these opinions are not necessarily shared by Car-Seat.Org or officially endorsed by the staff, any comments are made solely on behalf of the member who posted them. They are all public and indexed by search engines and archives.

I can only ask that if you feel it necessary to refer to comments here somewhere else on the internet, you consider where you are posting, such that it not portray our community in a negative manner. Some other websites can be quite harsh, especially in regard to topics like child passenger safety that are not well received (or perhaps even understood) elsewhere. Some public threads here are quite opinionated and may not reflect the main purpose of this forum that is to help parents find information on correct installation and use of child restraint systems to protect their children from motor vehicle crash related injury.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC