Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Community Member BudgieStew's Avatar

Where in Canada can I buy the Radian carry case?

I've looked on e-bay but there was one lone one and they did not ship to Canada..of course.
    Anywhere online in Canada? Or someone have one they want to sell?Rather urget as I NEED it for an upcoming trip.

Thanks
    *DD N 5 Years 46 inches/44 lbs FF in a Marathon/Parkway SG/Turbo Booster/ and Harnessed Nautilus
    *DS H 7 Years 49 inches/51 lbs in a Monterey and Turbo Booster
    and a Harmony and Radian as back up seats

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Where in Canada can I buy the Radian carry case?

I've heard that it is a tight fit to get the seat in the bag. I've always meant to try putting my Radian in my hockey bag...but that is where I have my Christmas tree. I think a hockey bag would work just as well but I am only guessing.
    Jacqui ~ Rylan ~ 08.13.02 ~ 57.2lbs on 9/26/08 ~ Radian 65
    Join Starlight's Book Club, read your manuals! Car seats are cheaper than caskets & you can use them more than once. How much did your wedding cost? How long did it last? Does your child's safety seem more affordable now?

TJ Kids has them for $29.99.

Uggh I waited till too late to order as I am flying out next Friday and quick shipping from TJ's is 50.00!!!! I called another place in Toronto that might have it but they said they would call me back. Hopefully since they are closer it would be cheaper for quick shipping.
    So I proceeded to call every single retailer of Radian's in my province and none have any bags in stock. One dude was ever so helper and when discussing the new higher limits said eh just put them in boosters its oh so much easier then the car seat. What ever buddy
    I will give the hockey bag a try but really needed something really really really compact since I will be one adult(petite) with two young kids and their junk. Literally one kid will be on my back. I need everything as easy as possible and a big old hockey bag umm seems like it would be unwieldy.

One lady mentioned that the Radian has carry handles on the back did she mean the Premier cause I think it says that on the blurb for that model but not the basic. I sure as heck didn't notice it on my seat.
    *DD N 5 Years 46 inches/44 lbs FF in a Marathon/Parkway SG/Turbo Booster/ and Harnessed Nautilus

Quote Originally Posted by BudgieStew View Post
    Uggh I waited till too late to order as I am flying out next Friday and quick shipping from TJ's is 50.00!!!! I called another place in Toronto that might have it but they said they would call me back. Hopefully since they are closer it would be cheaper for quick shipping.
    So I proceeded to call every single retailer of Radian's in my province and none have any bags in stock. One dude was ever so helper and when discussing the new higher limits said eh just put them in boosters its oh so much easier then the car seat. What ever buddy
    I will give the hockey bag a try but really needed something really really really compact since I will be one adult(petite) with two young kids and their junk. Literally one kid will be on my back. I need everything as easy as possible and a big old hockey bag umm seems like it would be unwieldy.

One lady mentioned that the Radian has carry handles on the back did she mean the Premier cause I think it says that on the blurb for that model but not the basic. I sure as heck didn't notice it on my seat.
    I carried my Radian by holding onto the red strap (the one the holds the seat folded together). It was heavy but it worked fantastic. On the way back we had a double stroller (SBS) and I folded the Radian and put it in one of the seats, my 2yr DS in the other seat and my 5yr DS walked holding onto the stroller.

Hope that helps some (sorry I have no idea where to get the bag).
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

Would you be able to find the Carry Strap? It won't cover/protect your seat, but it would make it possible to sling it over your shoulder. And it's cheaper.

Cat in Canada
    DS1 7 yo - 47 lbs (47"/??"t/??"top of head) - boostered in SKMonterey/2TBs/2CowmooPWSG/2HarmonyNBBs
    DS2 4 yo - 34.5 lbs (40"/15"t/??"top of head) - FF in CowmooMA/TrueFit/2Radians/2Nautiluses/HarmonyV7
    Also in possession of: Graco SafeSeat1 and MyRide (loaned out) + 1 demo seat: SnugRide.

Well I ordered it from a Baby Super Store in Toronto...shipping with FedEx but I am rural so its takes a bit longer, but still hoping it will make it in time.Look like it will be here tomorrow now if only if arrives before i have to leave for my root canal in the afternoon we are set.

Yeah!!! Hopfully this will make flying with the children just a wee bit easier.
    Last edited by BudgieStew; 05-31-2007 at 07:26 AM.