'I want to drive backwards like Mater'

LuvMyCharlie

This is what my ds has been hounding me with for the last week, now. So who am I to deny him his own safety? Unfortunately, he's right at 40 lbs and 40", and I no longer own a Radian. I didn't even know if he'd still fit in one to boot. So, I had a friend bring one of hers over and lo and behold. He still BARELY fits. He's definitely pushing the one inch mark on the shell.

5662671879_9ff8d95715_z.jpg

What I find funny is just how clownish this whole scene looks after seeing him FF for almost a year, now. I'm sure the novelty will wear off after...well, I honestly don't even give it a week before he's asking for his cow seat back. :whistling:

ETA pic for comparison: Here he is sitting similarly at 2y3m. You can see how much his legs have grown.
3924942500_0772009a14.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

cmm7

Has his torso growth slowed down? I remember how tall he was before and am shocked he still fits!

LuvMyCharlie

I'm wondering if you'll gain another inch once he's harnessed :confused: He has such a long torso!

I don't know. That'd be great, though!

Has his torso growth slowed down? I remember how tall he was before and am shocked he still fits!

Marginally. He's definitely growing some legs now. LOL I was shocked, too, hence why I was asking about your TWE. ;) FWIW, he was wearing a size 5-6 shirt. Boys, not toddler.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Coty, since I have my photobucket open, thought I would post this for you. It is the reason I thought he might just fit in the radian rf.

I think she was 4.25, had outgrown her dc completely over a year before, was 43+ inches, and I think just over 45 pounds. I think she was even with the top slots even rear facing.

VID00007.jpg

This is her in the nautilus just a few months later, just about out of it.

raffaellanautilus.jpg

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Oh drool, the cowmoo MT.

Coty, when the heck did he grow? I guess I haven't seen a pic in forever!

LuvMyCharlie

Thanks for the pics, Jen!

FYI, there's a Cowmoo MultiTech now... :whistle:
I know, I know. And I want one(a MT) reeeeeeeally bad. In fact, I have almost enough funds saved up to buy one. I promised myself that I'd try a US seat first, though, before committing to an import. Well, he(unfortunately) still fits. :p Believe me, I really, really, really want a MT but I just can't justify it. I'm going to get together with Claire to try her TWE later next month, though. If he's still 'into' riding backwards at that point, I'll re-evaluate importing.

Oh drool, the cowmoo MT.

Coty, when the heck did he grow? I guess I haven't seen a pic in forever!

I dunno, Judi. I don't even know his exact stats. The ones I listed before are guesstimates. He's wearing 5T bottoms and size 5-6 shirts.

At any rate, he's happy now with his new XTSL. He's about halfway between the fourth and fifth harness slots, and the headwings aren't even all the way at the top of the seat. Firemom was right and he gained about 1/2" once harnessed. And the beauty of the Radian is that he can use it on our flights to Guam. I'd much rather sit beside that than his FR85 or PS. Also, Scarlett can eventually use the Radian once my MA expires.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC