MT in booster mode

gsdguenter

Just for fun and since I was playing 3 across with the MT anyway, I decided to see how DD1 fit in the MT in booster mode.

Now, I would not even consider boostering her for many reasons (she could barely stay still for the photo session lol). But, I was wondering how you guys thought the fit was.

In the picture with the thumb that is her hip bone I was pressing on. She is sitting back although it doesn't really look like it in some of he pictures.

She technically could use this in booster mode, as t starts at 33 lbs. And she is 37 lbs., but she is still rfing in all of her seats :)

ADS

gsdguenter

Oh cool! O thought it looked like a good fit , but I don't know much about boosters so I wanted some other opinions.

The harness is still AT&T he'd since we were just playing around, but got lurkers, you do need to remove the harness to use it in booster mode ;)

molly&elle

Thanks for the pics! I've been wanting to see pics as a booster. It looks like a good fit-low on hips, and nice fit on the collar bone.

gsdguenter

I think the fit is good - sits low on hips and is between the shoulder/neck. But, like I said, I don't have anyone booster age so I haven't had to learn about booster fits yet lol

Kat_Momof3

it's a fantastic fit! I'd use it as a booster when she outgrows it rearfacing... until she hits the 55lb weight limit (I really wish it had a higher booster weight limit... could you show us how tall it can go as a booster, please?

(should this be in carseat chat instead of the general forum??)

gsdguenter

Here it is on highest setting (I think, unless it goes higher when the harness is removed)

If it had LATCH for boostet it would be really cool, otherwise it's a really heavy seat. Not sure how that affects boostering.

If it needs to be moved to carseat chat I'm ok with that :)

Pixels

It looks like it's forcing her to slouch. Actually, it just looks like she is slouching and would slide right under the belt, but you said she's all the way back.

I like the shoulder belt position.

gsdguenter

It looks like it's forcing her to slouch. Actually, it just looks like she is slouching and would slide right under the belt, but you said she's all the way back.

Hmmm, I see how she could submarine right down there. I think it must be a combination of the seat pushing her forward and her just not being mature enough to sit properly in it.

This is where something like the SG clip on the Parkway would come in handy, right?

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

yep... and I bet the parkway sg will fit her well, but I bet the Monterey will, too... she has nice wide shoulders.

disappointing it can't go taller as a booster :(... I was hoping it would be at least as tall as a turbobooster.

gsdguenter

Nice wide shoulder lol, I'm sure she'll love that as a teenager :p

Yeah, I was surprised it doesn't make a taller booster. I guess really people only use it rfing and that's what it is good for.

Cilia

I do not want to spoil anyones party here, but the general recommendation in Sweden is to NOT use a rf seat ff. The recommendation is to buy a dedicated belt positioning seat, so I would not use it for ff, but get a hbb instead. Just my :twocents:

gsdguenter

I do not want to spoil anyones party here, but the general recommendation in Sweden is to NOT use a rf seat ff. The recommendation is to buy a dedicated belt positioning seat, so I would not use it for ff, but get a hbb instead. Just my :twocents:

I do know it CAN be used ffing and as a booster, but I have also heard/read it is best used rfing and that because of its weight it would not make a good booster.

I will definitely buy her a dedicated booster (seems like Monteray and PWSGL might be contenders) when the time comes, but I just wanted to see how the fit would be while I was fiddling with three across situations and the MT, kwim.

For some reason I think it would be neat to be able to go from rfing to boostering (once again, not until age 5-6). I know "neatness" won't be the final deciding factor - if she outgrows her rfing seats and is not bootser ready, then into a 5-point harness ffing she will go ;)

Cilia

I do know it CAN be used ffing and as a booster, but I have also heard/read it is best used rfing and that because of its weight it would not make a good booster.

I will definitely buy her a dedicated booster (seems like Monteray and PWSGL might be contenders) when the time comes, but I just wanted to see how the fit would be while I was fiddling with three across situations and the MT, kwim.

For some reason I think it would be neat to be able to go from rfing to boostering (once again, not until age 5-6). I know "neatness" won't be the final deciding factor - if she outgrows her rfing seats and is not bootser ready, then into a 5-point harness ffing she will go ;)

Good. I wasn't sure you were aware that it should not be used ff if possible. But I agree it is cool to try out all the neat features.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC