Sigh. GN head slump again

glockchick

DD (6 yrs, 10 mths) desperately wants to ride harnessed in this seat so I installed it for her. She has the teeniest amount of room to grow before she's out of it. After today, I told her if she wanted to stay harnessed it would have to be in a FR85. She fell asleep on the way to older DS's ballgame and ended up like this. :eek:

ec5c0c22.jpg

6c51ad49.jpg

I don't care if it's supposed to be safe, I'm not allowing it. Her airway is compromised in that position, and if we were to be hit from the side her head would be forced out of the head wings stretching her neck like crazy.

Is a FR worth it or should I tell her to live with a booster? She is almost 7 after all.

ADS

glockchick

Well today was just a 20 minute drive or so. Any drive over 45 minutes, but we haven't been doing that much driving lately. We'll be taking an 8 hr drive each way this summer though.

Jillybeans5

If she falls out of position sleeping in her booster then the frontier would be worth it to me assuming the price fits in your budget (it wouldn't fit in mine). Otherwise I would deal with the slump in the Nauti and just have the nearest big kid put her head back in position when it happens. That is what we did when my almost 7 yr old was still in the nauti. If she does fall out of position in the booster you could also try a more supportive booster for sleeping.

Kat_Momof3

I'd get her a Radian... I just think it would be so much more comfy on those 8hr trips than a booster that she hasn't slept in before.

twinsmom

I think it depends on the car, but my FR85 installs pretty reclined in my Sienna; no head slump there. Might be worth a try?

glockchick

I have a FR85 for my other daughter in that vehicle. Abigail's used it before so I know they can both sleep in those.

I'm not sure she'd fit in a Radian or it would fit in that vehicle. I've tried before and it was a no go, but I can try again.

I can squeeze a FR into the budget. I've been a selling fool so my PP account is happy with me. ;) I was just wondering if it would be worth it for an almost 7 year old. :)

Kat_Momof3

I think it would... you can always switch the cover down the line for CJ if she doesn't end up using it as a booster.

but it makes a great booster and, if it'll fit in your vehicle as one, I'd do that after she outgrows the harness.

And you said she WANTS to be harnessed, so that adds to it, too.

glockchick

Kaleigh will be out of her RN in my car next month. I'm gonna go try to install that in my Suburban. If it fits, KG can ride in the RN and Abigail can have the FR. Her TB would move to back up once again.

Abigail can stay in the GN until the end of May. There are no long trips planned in there. It's so simple. Why didn't I think of it before?

Editing to add: Because Radian's are completely incompatible in my Suburban. That's why. :p Frontier 85 ordered in princess approved pink sky. Got a great deal on Amazon signing up for their credit card. $40 credit, plus I had a $50 gift card already. :)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC