My new arrangement...

Kiss Me Deadly

So, I had to move things around in my 5 because our Neonatalogist wants Petra on the Apnea and Bradycardia monitor until she is 6 months old. In order for that to work in the car, I needed room for an adult to be able to sit next to her to check on her without unbuckling themselves if the monitor goes off.

So, here's what we did...

DD1's Frontier in the 3rd row (where it already was), DD2's Recaro Como (s/n, I really miss my Signo!) next to DD1 in the 3rd row, and DD3's Maxi-Cosi Mico with bas in the 2nd row passenger seat captain's chair...

It was quite a feat with those 2 huge seats in a tiny 3rd row, but I LOVE it! It's the easiest thing ever to open the hatch and get my 2 year old Rear facer out that way!

carseat2.jpg

carseat.jpg

I did have one question... Is it OK to have a rear facer in the 3rd row? I know that sounds dumb, but my husband was concerned because she is so close to the rear windshield and is up kind of high because the Recaro is so huge... What do you think? I'm thinking it's a great excuse to buy CCOs for the younger two! :p

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's fine. If it's flying glass, that'll be everywhere in the car. If it's impacting the glass, I'd be shocked if a child got that far back. But of course the CCO does tether rear facing now. hehe

Looks good! Just make sure the second row seat with the very cool Mico in it is all the way back.

Wendy

sixmaybemore

Is it OK to have a rear facer in the 3rd row?

I did this for quite a while after we crashed our van (rather, somebody crashed into us!) when I was pg with #6. We borrowed a Mazda MPV for a while, and I put a child RF in the third row. Kind of odd, but once I got used to it I didn't mind at all. Super easy to get them in and out!

skipspin

I have my DS2 Rfing in the CCO in the third row very often. It's very easy to get him in and out. I do love that I can tether it now since somtimes when another kid (DD, really)got him out the seat would slide more upright and I'd have to fix it.

BTW, your pink seats all look so great in there. I love coordinating seats. If you have a short 2 yr old the CCO would give you more visibility, but most kids don't last to over 3 in it like my short chubby kids do, so the Recaro is probably a better bet in the long run.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC