Joovy Kooper or BJCM????

ChristyH

I've been looking for a lighter weight stroller for our trip to Disney because the BOB is just too big.

I went to a local baby store today and fell in love with the Joovy Kooper and found it online for about $159. I do really like it but I also like the BJCM that I tried out months ago but never pulled the trigger. Now they have it on sale at Albeebaby.com for alot less. Also a great stroller but I just don't know!! Ugh!

Someone who has either of them or both tell me why you love each!

ADS

laudymama

I had the same dilemma many months ago. I liked features of each one equally and couldn't decide for weeks! I finally settled on the city mini for several reasons.....
-the way it folds is SO functional and EASY
-in the future for a 2nd baby I can get an adaptor so that it holds an infant seat
-LOVE the massive sunshade
-i tried my son in both and he looked like he would have much more room to grow in the BJCM

The joovy does seem smaller and folds small like an umbrella stroller and has some pouches inside the seat area for a cup or snack cup which I liked, but the city mini was also a smoother ride. Also, baby jogger is NEVER on sale and I got a 10% discount because it was the last one and the store was going out of business. Just my :twocents: Hope it helps:)

Rosey

I can't say enough good things about my mini! LOVE it! It is so versatile, I may only need one stroller (did I just say that out loud!?) The fold is awesome, it has a smooth ride, tall seat back, and the best canopy on the market.

But if your trunk requires the narrower umbrella fold, then that may make your decision.

Cryssy Jane

I have a micro double. It doesn't recline flat although that's never kept the kiddos from falling asleep in it and the sunshade isn't as large but still big, wheels are smaller but it's still a nice, smooth ride.

munchkin

How hard is it to use a folded mini/micro on Disney transportation, such as the buses? I would really prefer a mini/micro especially with the one handle, but think a Maclaren/umbrella fold would be so much easier to get on and off the buses.

laudymama

I had considered the micro because it was smaller than the mini and I was looking for a smaller stroller than my Chicco travel system one. When it came down to it though, the mini reclines and had a much bigger sunshade- we live in S. FL so that was important to me. Bigger basket too (redesigned for 2010 models and newer).

How hard is it to use a folded mini/micro on Disney transportation, such as the buses? I would really prefer a mini/micro especially with the one handle, but think a Maclaren/umbrella fold would be so much easier to get on and off the buses.

Completely 110% no way. A Mac is way more of a pain to fold (especially in flip flops :rolleyes:) and you have to put the kid down so you have both hands usually....the Mini is dead easy to get on the tram and works better since it's not so long and truly one handed.

I used one for over a year a few times a week ON MY OWN with 1-4 kids and never had an issue. Baby in one hand, backpack on and grabbed the stroller no problem. (I don't usually use the trams though...I park other places cos I hate them). I mainly hate them because they take so damn long. I park other places that I can just walk to in 5 minutes or monorail to. I am usually in a hurry to go grab other kids from school etc. so I don't have 40 extra minutes to line up, ride, load/unload and then find my car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC