Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Like car

Votes: 108 97.3%
  • Larry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I just watched Darren's review of the ProSport, and now I am thinking I may be saying it wrong.

So, is it Recaro- sounds like care

or Recaro- sounds like car

ADS

momtoo3

I just got off the phone with diapers.com about returning a ProBooster and the lady said re-car-o. That doesn't mean she is correct though. I have always wondered what the correct way is to say it too!

Qarin

I just looked up their number, +1-(888)-9RECARO, and called it- the automated answer system thanked me for calling recaro, the middle syllable sounding like the word, "car."

monica-m

CPST Instructor
DH is a big racing fan and insisted he get a Recaro seat for his car :rolleyes:. He pronounces it Re-CAR-o. That is the only pronunciation I have heard.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, so I was saying it right. Good. I had to change the way I said Chicco. That was bad enough.

laudymama

DH is very into cars and works in the auto industry...has Recaro seats in his "souped up" GTI also....its re-car-o. I'm also big on wanting to say things right too:p took me forever to stop saying cheeko and breetax!

It's Re-CAR-o.

The iteresting thing about Britax is when you call then it's Br-eye-tax and in England everyone calls it "britt-tax" like the beginning of the name "Britney".

I've only every heard "Breetax" in the States. I *think* the correct way is "Br-eye-tax"....maybe I should call the UK hotline to see how they say it!

cookie123

As far as Recaro, I hadn't settled on one or the other - I switch off! Chicco has a problem - if you pronouce it correctly, no one knows what you're talking about.

Kat_Momof3

when you go on the recaro website it (at least it used to) says "welcome to re-CAR-o" (as in a car you drive), so that's how it is pronounced in my book... but Darren didn't pronounce it SO differently that it bugged me or anything.

just like Britax is Bry-tax and chicco is C-hicco

Angela

What about Evenflo? Do you say it with a long e at the beginning or short e sound? What about Combi... long o or short o? :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC