New Britax infant seat? B-Safe

crunchierthanthou

I haven't been on much. Have there been any threads about it?

It looks to be sort of a stripped down model (like say, MA70 to Advocate70), and will be available at the end of June.

I saw it here: http://www.ratedbymom.com/2011/04/britax-debuts-the-b-safe-infant-car-seat/

So, what’s different about the B-Safe than the Chaperone, you ask?

1. B-Safe will not have the anti-rebound bar. This will make the B-Safe a bit shorter installed which is better for smaller vehicles.
2. B-Safe will not have the TSIP head wings. The seat will just feature the SIP (Side Impact Protection). It’s like the Boulevard (with the head wings) vs. the Marathon (without the head wings).
3. B-Safe will be between 1 and 2 lbs lighter than the Chaperone. When holding both infant car seats we couldn’t feel the difference though.
4. B-Safe will retail for $179 and the Chaperone is $229

Last edited:
ADS

Calleiah

Interesting. It's a no-frills Chaperone. Looks like it will have a higher top harness slot too at 12". Nice low harness slots though, so we'll have to see if this is a contender against the Keyfit.

Product Weight (lbs): 16 (car seat only 9.8)

Product Dimensions (in): 17.5W x 24.5H x 27.5D (handle up)

Product Dimensions (in): 17.5W x 15.5H x 27.5D (handle down)

Seat Back Compartment Height (in): 20

Seat Area Depth/Width (in): 13/19

Shoulder Width (in): 10

Harness Slot Heights (in): 5, 7, 9, 12

Buckle Strap Depth (in): 3.5, 5.5

stephcali

Cool! Looks like I found my top contender for a new infant seat when we get pregnant with #4 :love: We just got the B-Ready stroller (love it!) and I was trying to justify the Chaperone cost to my DH but just couldn't quite get there so this will be perfect, especially if I can find it on sale when we need it :)

crunchierthanthou

I wonder if it's made in China like the Chaperone, or in the USA, like the convertibles. I asked on the baby gizmo blog. Hopefully they'll answer.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Interesting. It's a no-frills Chaperone. Looks like it will have a higher top harness slot too at 12". Nice low harness slots though, so we'll have to see if this is a contender against the Keyfit.

And if we can use the Chaperone's low-birth-weight insert, that 5" bottom slot will be more like 3.5"!

Cryssy Jane

That's so weird. I just asked Sarah Tilton face to face yesterday if there were any new seats coming out and she flat out said no. Hmmm...

It sounds like they're doing what they did with the Roundabout 50. It's really going to have the same life as a MA for 99% of kids but $100 cheaper. I'm sure they've sold a hell of a lot of RA50's over MA's since the release because it brings a Britax down into the under $200 price range making it much more affordable to the average family who wants one... As we all know, the LATCH bars/BLVD headwings are all extras that most of us here are fine without so just like I've owned and used RA50'S over MA's, I'd have no issue properly using the B-Safe seat at all :eek:

I have no problem with this- I think it's fine and makes another option in the SR32/KF30 price range that may fit some babies/vehicles better.

Cool :eek: it's nice to see them coming out of the $300 price point, ya know?

mimieliza

I like the sound of that. I never really thought TSIP was important on a RFing seat anyway. I wonder how much the bases are going to be? An extra base for the Chaperone is ridiculously expensive.

J-max

CPST Instructor
That's so weird. I just asked Sarah Tilton face to face yesterday if there were any new seats coming out and she flat out said no. Hmmm...
just a quick note about this. I also asked Sara Face-to-face about this at the tech update I was at on Friday. She was NOT pleased and basically said that the info had been leaked before Brtiax was ready to talk about it and she had no more info. Later in the day, she came back and said she had received info from Britax and she basically said the stats that the first 2 posts mention, and that the website woudl have more info soon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC