CA harness covers

Spam

After the thread last week regarding the grippy harness covers, I asked Dorel why my brand new one didn't have them. This is the response I recieved:
Thanks for asking for clarification. The harness covers have recently been removed from all of the Complete Air car seats. The seat is safe to use without them.

So for those that hate them, does that mean you can remove them?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Spam said:
After the thread last week regarding the grippy harness covers, I asked Dorel why my brand new one didn't have them. This is the response I recieved:
Thanks for asking for clarification. The harness covers have recently been removed from all of the Complete Air car seats. The seat is safe to use without them.

So for those that hate them, does that mean you can remove them?

God, I hope so. I just got a new CA yesterday (didn't check the DOM) but it has them.

I'm going to email the Dorel rep before I take a customer service person's word for it, though.

momtotwogirls

hmm thats weird. They must have done more testing because I and a few others have been told that they are not removable as they dont meet fed regulations without them

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
At Lifesavers the rep said there was a possibility they would no longer be required at some point, but it did sound like it would either require further testing or a modification to the shell.

I have emailed him for clarification.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Gah! I can't find the registration card for the seat I got YESTERDAY so I don't know the DOM. :mad: Is the sticker on the seat in a place that would be visible without uninstalling?

momtotwogirls

Hmm. My sticker on my seat is underneath and i cant see it(if I remember correctly, I havent searched for it for awhile) but there is a large white sticker on my box that has the model number and dom

Kat_Momof3

I'm glad they aren't required, for those people that don't like them... but for those that do, it stinks that the seat just plain doesn't come with them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC