Return the Radian and get a Frontier?

sholoulou

Darn it! The new seats (xtsl & monterey) should arrive tomorrow. Reading all the complaints about the radian makes me super nervous especially after our accident! Should I return the radian for a frontier? What to do ... what to do? :confused:

On that note, neither of my kids were hurt in the crash in the same model seats.

ADS

Stelvis

It's not like your Radian will necessarily have the same problems we're having...but, if you do have a problem (with the SL strap or otherwise), whose customer service would you rather deal with -- Radian or Britax? I think the answer to that question is pretty easy.

firemomof3

I have a Radian XTSL currently rf for my almost 4y/o and haven't had any problems (knock on wood) with it. I also have an 80SL for my daycare kiddos that has been issue-free. I would buy another without hesitation. But I do check my seats everyday just in case :twocents:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Since the FR85 is a FF only seat...is the kiddo in the Radian rf'ing or ff'ing? Because I wouldn't get a Radian for a FF'ing kiddo unless you need it for the trimness.

KaiLing

I don't know if this is helpful information, but I just last week returned a Radian XTSL (decided to go all the way and buy a Swedish seat for my nearly 40 lbs 2.4 year old to stay RF) and it cost $40 to ship it back. This was NY to CA (bought it at Baby Viva), USPS, with insurance and delivery confirmation. Just FYI.

mommycat

Since the FR85 is a FF only seat...is the kiddo in the Radian rf'ing or ff'ing? Because I wouldn't get a Radian for a FF'ing kiddo unless you need it for the trimness.
:yeahthat: It would totally depend on the child's stats and the need for a narrow seat whether I would get a Radian or Frontier.

sholoulou

My daughter is 37 lbs 4 yrs and 4 months She is on the 2nd to highest slot in the radian. She sits in the bucket seat in a odyssey so she has a seat to herself. FF or RF is debatable in my mind at her age.

arly1983

:yeahthat: It would totally depend on the child's stats and the need for a narrow seat whether I would get a Radian or Frontier.

another :yeahthat: since you don't need it for thinness and if you decide FFing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC