Where have you seen the new Recaro's for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyr2

Magic Beans has them available for preorder, where else? I was hoping Baby Universe had them, so I could get that discount they've got going, but they're not showing up there yet.
I'll be ordering a Vivo for Aaric! Either the Crimson, or the cobalt in the vivo lite.

ADS

elle7715

I think you have to find a dealer and contact them. www.mbeans.com has them actually listed but I think they're the only ones right now. Try going to recaro.com and finding a dealer then contacting them. I was under the impression that if you emailed a dealer they would send you a form to fill out, and they would pass it on to their Recaro rep. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Lys

Senior Community Member
thanks kellyr2 for pointing that out!!! i just put my order in at magic beans!!! they're local so i won't have to pay shipping!

The way Magic Beans is, I'm sure you'll be one of the first to get one!
You will definetely have to write a review!!

Kellyr2

Yeah, I knew about the contacting a dealer pre-ordering, but just didn't know if anyone other than mbeans was actually listing them on their sites yet. I think I"m going to order through them anyway just because she was nice enough to get us some pictures before the recaro site released the full size ones, along with reviews of the seats. I'd like to reward that good deed, LOL.

ckscruz

I ordered my Signo from http://www.strollandgo.com/ for $259, they have the Como for $219. They emailed me and asked if i wanted to they could charge my card now and send the order to Recaro and Recaro would ship direct to me. That way I can get it as soon as possible. Although I am sure other stores are doing that too. I did ask if it does not fit in my car can I return it to Stroll and go, they said no problem.

I figured they would up the price since others are selling them for more, but as of this moment they are $259 and $219.

HTH!:love:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Am i right that there has not yet been any information given about the LOWEST height of the slots? I'm wondering how realistic this will be for a newborn????

southpawboston

Am i right that there has not yet been any information given about the LOWEST height of the slots? I'm wondering how realistic this will be for a newborn????

interesting... they don't mention. they only mention "rearfacing for 5-35 lbs". if it's suitable for a 5 pounder, one can only hope the slots are appropriately low enough... :confused:

capeKO71

Hello - I post a lot over on babycenter and tend to be a lurker here.. but if you're local to the boston or south shore area, I'll be carrying them. Basically, I come to you... it's not a physical store but a new concept in baby gear... Mom to Mom sales. I have recaro, graco & mia moda and soon to have peg perego... if you want to play :)

I probably won't have the recaro for another three weeks or so...

just email me at babyonthegoathome dot kate at comcast dot net.

And the website is www dot babyonthegoathome dot com.

:)

Oh... also - I'm going to CPST June 12-15th! So I'll be (hopefully) certified at that point and not just obsessed! :)

Last edited:

MamiOf3

I ordered my Signo from http://www.strollandgo.com/ for $259, they have the Como for $219. They emailed me and asked if i wanted to they could charge my card now and send the order to Recaro and Recaro would ship direct to me. That way I can get it as soon as possible. Although I am sure other stores are doing that too. I did ask if it does not fit in my car can I return it to Stroll and go, they said no problem.

I figured they would up the price since others are selling them for more, but as of this moment they are $259 and $219.

HTH!:love:

They're only selling them for $259? I'll order them now if that's the case. I need 2 so it will save me $60. Thanks for the info.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
interesting... they don't mention. they only mention "rearfacing for 5-35 lbs". if it's suitable for a 5 pounder, one can only hope the slots are appropriately low enough... :confused:

While we can hope but most convertibles start at 5lbs but very little actually fit a newborn harness wise. So, I personally would still steer parents of newborns to infant carriers. But, It would be nice if they would be low enough to accomedate those little ones.

southpawboston

Okay what is the differance between the Signo & Como? There is no discription on the MB website.

the differences were discussed in another recaro thread...and if you go to the recaro USA site, they have a breakdown. basically they are based on the same shell, but the signo is the higher end one with an infinitely adjustable headwing/harness like the boulevard, and the LATCH straps will be attached to metal bars like the marathon. the como will have adjustable headwings, but they only have five fixed positions that correspond with 5 five sets of harness slots. como is good for 59", signo 60". all other specs appear to be the same. both are good for 35 lbs RF, 70 lbs FF, and both will RF tether.

southpawboston

Hello - I post a lot over on babycenter and tend to be a lurker here.. but if you're local to the boston or south shore area, I'll be carrying them. Basically, I come to you... it's not a physical store but a new concept in baby gear... Mom to Mom sales. I have recaro, graco & mia moda and soon to have peg perego... if you want to play :)

I probably won't have the recaro for another three weeks or so...

just email me at babyonthegoathome dot kate at comcast dot net.

And the website is www dot babyonthegoathome dot com.

Oh... also - I'm going to CPST June 12-15th! So I'll be (hopefully) certified at that point and not just obsessed! :)

where are you based out of? are you going to be an authorized recaro dealer? and where are you getting CPST certified? i looked around here and there was nothing! also, when will you be getting the signo?

TIA!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Okay what is the differance between the Signo & Como? There is no discription on the MB website.

The Signo is like the Boulevard, the Como is like the FPSVD, lol (read the descriptions at recaro for differences, but I think you'll see what I mean)

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
The Signo is like the Boulevard, the Como is like the FPSVD, lol (read the descriptions at recaro for differences, but I think you'll see what I mean)

Off to go do a little research. Does anyone know really when these are supposed to hit the market? I know we have heard June & some have said August. I might be forced to get the Recaro as I can't find a Onyx Regent anywhere. Not like dh would mind if I bought a Recaro for his vehicle.

capeKO71

I'm actually on the cape. I'm taking the class down in CT... there was NOTHING scheduled anywhere near here... so I'm going to Waterbury, CT (safekids - at a police station) to take it for the 4 days. It's an open class... (my sister lives about 20 minutes from there... so it worked out).

We will be authorized... full Mfr. warranty. I'm not a brick & mortor store... it's sort of a new concept... mom to mom sales of baby gear - not your "typical" home party business, but more networking w/ moms that you know and selling them the products that you're already recommending... I already have my stroller samples (Uppa Baby Vista, G-lite, Baby Jogger city series, Mia Moda Ceilo, Valco single w/ toddler seat & hitchhiker) and I'm hoping in a few weeks to get a Mia Moda carseat, a snugride & a Recaro Como. It should be fun! I'm just starting out... it was sort of a concept I came up with and contacted a reputable boutique I know out in the mid-west and they are backing me... hopefully long term we'll end up with lots of consultants all around the US!

And as far as I know - the differences -

Como - stripped down but same shell. You have to re-thread the harness. You also have to re-thread the latch strap when moving from rf to ff.
Signo - infinite harness adustment w/ no re-thread. Latch is on a bar (like britax) and you just slide it to go rf to ff.

Same weight limits though -and supposidly same harness height (we'll all be the judge of that though! LOL). I think if you have kiddos who might "share" the seat - it would be worth going up to the Signo. For me - it would be a dedicated seat to one child, so I'd go w/ the Como... especially since it's cheaper then the Marathon at retail...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC