help with garage sale pricing

Ethan'sMom

No accidents ever of course... wouldn't try to sell them if they had..

I have a Frontier 80 with 2 covers - in excellent condition (no spills etc of any kind)

and a Roundabout... (how long are they "good" for? Jan 2005 is the date on it and it had about 2 years of use and the rest bagged in a box stored in cool/temperate basement) - also excellent condition

What would be a good range to price these at?

Also have a Cosco Scenera (sp?) - was thinking 15 - 20 range on that one... too much or OK?

Thanks for any guidelines you can offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

mama2girls

Re: help with garage sale pricing (Britax)

I am pretty sure that Britax seats have a 6 yr life so the Roundabout is expired.:(

Ethan'sMom

Roundabout expired 1/11.

What us the condition and DOM on the Frontier?

excellent used condition (looks almost new - I'm anal about keeping things nice) -- 6/23/08 - I know that has a longer 'life' -- that's 9 years, right?

(darn on the roundabout - sigh)

Calleiah

You can sell the cover and pads on the Roundabout. Depending on pattern, you may get a nice amount for them!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants

How old is the Scenera? $20 for a used Scenera feels very high to me.

Ethan'sMom

Scenera -about 2 yrs old - got it for a trip when we didn't want to haul the 300 lb Frontier... LOL -- after I typed it I thought 15-20 would be too high - figured someone could throw out a more reasonable number...

Roundabout cover - what range?

Last edited by a moderator:

flutie128

It might be hard to find a buyer for the roundabout cover since they don't make the seat anymore.

Ethan'sMom

It might be hard to find a buyer for the roundabout cover since they don't make the seat anymore.

are you saying they redesigned it and it won't fit? Because I did see the Roundabout on the Britax website today...

thepote

I got $35 on Ebay for an Onyx RA cover (the discontinued short-shell RA) about six months ago. I got the RA on the 'free' table at the dump :eek: I tossed the seat and washed the cover a couple times. Score :D

Ethan'sMom

How recently did they redesign it? Are there still seats in that model out there that are safe to use (not expired)

vonfirmath

How recently did they redesign it? Are there still seats in that model out there that are safe to use (not expired)

The Roundabout50 came out about 2 years ago. The Roundabout55 came out within the last year.

Both are sized more like Marathons, MUCH bigger than the original Roundabout. There are Roundabouts out there still. Its just a matter of finding someone who wants a cover who has the original seat.

LuvBug

The formula for finding out what to price a used seat is

Price divided by Lifespan times How many years are left minus Condition Issues if any.

Covers can be a little trickier and it is usually better to put them on ebay and let the buyer decide how much it is worth to them.

cpsaddict

I believe they were still making the 40lb Roundabout at the same time as the RA50. I am certain there are seats with at least 2009 DOM's out there. I would just stick the cover on ebay and see what you get. For the Scenera, I would go $10 on that, since they are $39 new at Walmart.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC